Working as part of a dynamic team, you will be responsible for investigations, concept and detailed design for civil investigations, electrical substations, distribution and industrial power systems as well as civil feasibility studies, design works and design review of renewable energy projects.
Our Victorian Power team are looking for a Senior Civil Engineer who holds a Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) & 6-12 years of experience in design, construction, commissioning of power generation or transmission / distribution projects, preferably in the local Victorian market, in more than one of the following areas:
Advantageous Skills and Experience:
- Concept through to detailed design of electrical substations/power generation projects including coordination within multidisciplinary projects
- Technical bid evaluations
- Preparation of engineering design drawings, calculations and reports
- Owners Engineer role for power generation projects including on site experience
- Traction substations design
- Distribution overhead and underground network design
- Renewable energy
- Drainage, Roads and/or Earthworks design
- On site/construction oversight experience
- AutoCAD or Drafting knowledge, 12D or Civil3D experience
- Understanding of WHS Statutory requirements such as Safety in Design
- Project and design management experience, including Client interface.
Interested? Apply online now by submitting your CV and cover letter.
- Flexibility to work on a broad range of engineering projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled in the preparation of specifications and reports
- Ability to work as part of team
- In-depth knowledge of Australian Standards and Codes
- Chartered Professional Engineer or eligible to register as a professional engineer.
GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
We respectfully ask that no agency resumes be presented at this stage.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation . GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.