Design & lead major, land subdivision and urban infrastructure projects within Illawarra., Solid pipeline of work with renown developers.
• Flexible work hours PT FT; & Location Wollongong, Nowra, Sydney OR WFH
• Be part of a flexible and supportive working environment; mentored by technical specialists
• Supportive career development with internal leadership courses to develop leadership skillsJob Description:Cardno Benefits
- "Work your Way" Flexibility policy; PT, FT, variable start and finish times, WFH
- Additional 20 days purchased leave
- Industry leading Parental Leave with Additional five days Carers Leave
- Salary packaging
- Cardno Learning Development platform and internal development programs
- Scholarships, Study Assistance, Support for Professional memberships
- Daily Fruit, breakfast and coffee
- Friday social and drinks
Being the largest multidisciplinary consulting firm in the Illawarra and South coast region, our established team includes civil engineering, planning, environmental science, landscape design, GIS, drainage and flooding specialists, structural engineering, geotechnical engineering, utilities and WSC, specialist project managers and construction phase services.
The urban development team have a strong pipeline of work for 2021 and are looking for a Senior Civil Engineer to coordinate the end to end delivery of projects. You will be the 2ic to the Team Lead and have the opportunity to develop into the role in the future
Cardno have the big company benefits, but a small company feel. You will be involved in a wide range of civil infrastructure and land development projects, within this design focused role.
With Cardno's "Work your way" policy we offer flexibility in when, where and how you work. With a focus on outcomes and empowerment to choose the way to work to deliver the best outcomes for you, our clients, Cardno and your team.Duties
- Manage the design, planning and development phases of various projects;
- Develop designs for subdivisions incorporating drainage, road, earthworks etc
- Provide specialist technical input and advice to clients;
- Develop cost-effective innovative solutions to problems;
- Mentor and develop junior staff.
In addition to your enthusiasm and drive, you will demonstrate the following:
Why join Cardno?
- Tertiary qualification in Civil engineering;
- Previous industry experience within urban design preferably from a consultancy company;
- Operating knowledge of AutoCAD, 12D and preferably DRAINS
- Knowledge of local government regulatory frameworks and statutory compliance requirements;
- Drive and passion to solve problems and produce innovative solutions; and
- Demonstrated commercial acumen and the ability to manage project time lines and budgets
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.About Cardno
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 75 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.Notice to Recruitment Agencies
Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from any 3rd party agencies. No fee will be paid to 3rd parties who submit unsolicited resumes to any Cardno employee. Resumes from approved vendors must be specifically requested by Cardno and approved by the Cardno Talent Acquisition Team.