At Jacobs, we push the limits of what's possible to make the world smarter, more connected and more sustainable. Transportation affects every aspect of daily life, no matter where you are in the world! Jacobs is made up of a team of multi-disciplinary rail experts who work on complex projects around the globe. We're driven by the extraordinary as well as the seemingly mundane, working with our partners to make the world more connected and more sustainable for everyone.
A new opportunity exists for a Senior Civil Designer in our Brisbane office. This role is a recognised technical specialist in the application of advanced theory and concepts of civil design. You will take advantage of new developments and improvements in technology to build capability and manage all aspects of the engineering design and drawing deliverable for your allocated responsibility. You will adopt BIM workflows and practices to work collaboratively with other disciplines, taking responsibility for developing design deliverables to agreed quality, time and budget, working independently or leading a design team on larger projects. You will work closely with project managers, design managers, project information managers and BIM coordinators, and inspire them to strive for innovation while maintaining outstanding digital delivery. Coordination of Global Integrated Delivery teams will be a key part of your role.Key requirements for this role include the following:
Jacobs. A world where you can.
- Demonstrated understanding of the design process, co-ordination of work with other design disciplines and the efficient management and delivery of projects within budget, program and quality constraints
- High level design (12D or Civil 3D) and CAD skills, with strong knowledge of data transfer between key software packages
- Experience in a variety of projects - across a range of disciplines, with extensive experience in a specific discipline
- Decision making - identifies issues, problems and opportunities & chooses appropriate action
- Maintain high work standards, minimise errors and attention to detail
- Work co-operatively and respect others' opinions to achieve team objectives
- Ability to perform steadily during peak workload and remain calm under pressure
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions - we're committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally - and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we've gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You'll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too - from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you'll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals - all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
AU - Brisbane Cordelia Street, Level 7, 32 Cordelia Street, South Brisbane QLD 4101, South Brisbane, 4101Capabilities: