Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.About the opportunity
Our Transport group employs more than 8,000 professionals who support clients with innovative solutions to efficiently move people and goods across the globe. We focus our efforts in Aviation, Bridge, Highway, Ports & Maritime, Planning Services, Transit & Rail and Tunnels.
Due to a strong pipeline of work in the Northern region, we are currently seeking a Senior Associate Contract Administrator to join our thriving office in Brisbane. Reporting to the Section Leader - Roads & Highways, the purpose of this role is to provide road and infrastructure contract administration, independent verification and to contribute to client planning and winning work in these markets.About you
You should be an experienced qualified and registered Engineer in the roads sector, as well as having pre-qualification to the Department of Transport and Main Road's (TMR) administration panel. You will be able to manage small teams effectively and will be comfortable working in both the office and site environments as required.
Key requirements for the role:
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification (minimum bachelor level qualification in Engineering)
- Registered Professional Engineer Queensland (RPEQ)
- Contract Administration Prequalification with TMR
- Experience in managing multiple contract administration and/or independent verification projects simultaneously
- Contract dispute resolution experience
- Sound, technical, civil engineering background and general skills in transport across multiple disciplines
- Experience of engaging in business development and fostering client relationships
- Ability to provide technical leadership by the mentoring of junior and mid-level staff
- An understanding/familiarity of local and national transport standards, codes and contract types
- Marketing, proposal writing and sales skills including contacting previous and new clients to seek new opportunities to aid business development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are key aspects of this role given the requirement to write complex contractual letters and detailed reports, and to give presentations to clients as well as delivering in-house training
We reflect our clients' diversity at Jacobs. We value inclusion and diversity as it energises our people and encourages creativity, collaboration and innovation. Our global culture of caring fosters a workplace where we value the safety, positive mental health, inclusion and belonging of all our employees. Joining Jacobs introduces you to a variety of established global employee networks dedicated to empowering employees to maximise their potential through engagement and development opportunities across all career stages.
One of the many ways we thank our employees for their dedication and hard work, is offering quality, flexible benefit options that keep you and your family, physically and financially healthy. You'll have access to several employee benefits including professional/educational support, flexible work arrangements, salary sacrifice options, monthly social events or community involvement programs.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
AU - Brisbane Cordelia Street, Level 7, 32 Cordelia Street, South Brisbane QLD 4101, South Brisbane, 4101Capabilities:
Contracts and Subcontracts