The world needs innovators and problem solvers who turn challenges into greater opportunities. We have an insatiable curiosity about solutions to move people and goods safely and efficiently across the globe. From rail systems mobilising accessible transit, to ports linking land and sea - when it comes to connecting the people and places of tomorrow, the future of transport depends on us.
The purpose of this role is to provide civil engineering, design management, project management and construction support excellence and leadership skills to the Eastern Transport Performance Unit, in particular the Roads & Highways section (R&H) The Senior Associate Civil Engineer
reports to the Section Leader - R&H via a R&H Team Leader. You will provide consistent leadership and role modelling of Jacobs' core values, fostering an inclusive and diverse culture across the PU that embodies Jacobs' Culture of Caring and prioritises the health and wellbeing of people. You will set clear direction regarding client focus and responsiveness and will help to ensure we can identify and anticipate client needs. #APMETransport #LI-AP1 #APMETransport #ANZTransport #ANZRoads #ANZHighways #APMERoads #APMEHighwaysQualifications
• Appropriate relevant Qualifications (e.g., Degree Civil Engineering)
• Experience in the Design Management and Project Management on a range of small and medium transport projects, including direct commissions
• Strong knowledge and experience of civil & roads engineering principles, methods, and deliverables for infrastructure projects.
• The ability to interface with clients, subconsultants, GID and other remote resources, contractors, and other stakeholders. To promote the integration of GID for the effective delivery of Jacobs' projects.
• The ability to oversee the production of civil engineering design deliverables & report preparation and ensuring the quality of these deliverables to meet functional and statutory requirements as well as satisfy client briefs and expectations.Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions - we're committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we've gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You'll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too - from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you'll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals - all at a single global company.
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you're pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity - ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women's Network - find out more about our employee networks here
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply. First Nations peoples are strongly encouraged to apply. Jacobs aims to provide cultural safety at our interviews and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are invited to nominate for a cultural representative to participate on the interview panel, please let your recruiter know in your application.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.