Our Perth based Civil, Structural and Geotechnical Section is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced Senior Bridge Engineer to provide technical leadership and direction in the design of structural infrastructure within the Section and in the boarder Jacobs' Bridge Practice; particularly in the design of complex bridge structures #LI-LM1234
The primary responsibilities of the role are:
- Develop partnerships and trusted relationships with delivery partners and end clients and build the reputation of Jacobs' bridge practice
- Working closely with the Sales Team to maintain and/or develop relationships with new and existing clients, through liaison with end clients to determine their needs and manage expectations
- Utilise effective communication internally within the company as well as externally with clients, design partners and other stakeholders
- Develop, design and facilitate the documentation of structural engineering and general civil infrastructure solutions in response to a client's brief (including large multidisciplinary projects)
- Maintain competency in the field of structural engineering and stay up-to-date with contemporary practice and trends in the industry
- Mentor junior and mid-level engineers and take an active role in their technical development
- Practice ethically and professionally.
PLEASE NOTE: This role will involve travel on short to medium term secondments to interstate and international offices to support the broader Jacobs business as required.The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate the following:
Jacobs. A world where you can.
- A Bachelor of Engineering degree
- Significant experience in Project Management tools
- Understanding of technical standards for design, construction and maintenance
- Previous technical experience in discipline(s) relevant to design, including complex civil structures and bridge design
- Significant experience on large, multidisciplinary Design and Construct and Alliance projects
- Knowledge of the local environment, relevant industry, particularly working with MRWA and local Tier 1 contractors
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions - we're committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally - and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we've gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You'll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too - from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you'll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals - all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
AU - Perth Adelaide Terrace, 8th Floor, Durack Centre, 263 Adelaide Terrace, Perth WA 6001, Perth, 6001Capabilities: