Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow. About the Opportunity:
Our Perth based Civil, Structural and Geotechnical Section is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced Senior Bridge Engineer to provide technical leadership and direction in the design of structural infrastructure within the Section and in the boarder Jacobs' Bridge Practice; particularly in the design of complex bridge structures. #LI-LM1234
The primary responsibilities of the role are:
- Develop partnerships and trusted relationships with delivery partners and end clients and build the reputation of Jacobs' bridge practice
- Working closely with the Sales Team to maintain and/or develop relationships with new and existing clients, through liaison with end clients to determine their needs and manage expectations
- Utilise effective communication internally within the company as well as externally with clients, design partners and other stakeholders
- Develop, design and facilitate the documentation of structural engineering and general civil infrastructure solutions in response to a client's brief (including large multidisciplinary projects)
- Maintain competency in the field of structural engineering and stay up-to-date with contemporary practice and trends in the industry
- Mentor junior and mid-level engineers and take an active role in their technical development
- Practice ethically and professionally.
PLEASE NOTE: This role will involve travel on short to medium term secondments to interstate and international offices to support the broader Jacobs business as required. About You:
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate the following:
- A Bachelor of Engineering degree
- Significant experience in Project Management tools
- 10+ years' experience (predominantly in bridge design and construction)
- Understanding of technical standards for design, construction and maintenance
- Previous technical experience in discipline(s) relevant to design, including complex civil structures and bridge design
- Significant experience on large, multidisciplinary Design and Construct and Alliance projects
- Knowledge of the local environment, relevant industry, particularly working with MRWA and local Tier 1 contractors
We reflect our clients' diversity at Jacobs. We value inclusion and diversity as it energises our people and encourages creativity, collaboration and innovation. Our global culture of caring fosters a workplace where we value the safety, positive mental health, inclusion and belonging of all our employees. Joining Jacobs introduces you to a variety of established global employee networks dedicated to empowering employees to maximise their potential through engagement and development opportunities across all career stages.
One of the many ways we thank our employees for their dedication and hard work, is offering quality, flexible benefit options that keep you and your family, physically and financially healthy. You'll have access to several employee benefits including professional/educational support, flexible work arrangements, salary sacrifice options, monthly social events or community involvement programs. It's a great time to join Jacobs as we actively nurture and support our diverse employee and client networks across all ethnicities and cultures.
Achieve more and thrive with a global brand! Apply online by clicking on the link below.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
AU - Perth Adelaide Terrace, 8th Floor, Durack Centre, 263 Adelaide Terrace, Perth WA 6001, Perth, 6001Capabilities: