Research DevOps Systems Engineer Job No.:
Clayton campus Employment Type:
Fixed-term appointment until June 2023 Remuneration:
A competitive remuneration package will apply
- Managing Kubernetes (K8s) in DevOps focused environments
- Working closely with research communities on large-scale computing systems
- Be a part of an inclusive, collaborative, industry-leading research community
There's a certain feeling you get from working at Monash University. It's the feeling that you're a part of something special. Something significant. And that's because you're not just starting your career, or taking on a bigger challenge. You're making a real contribution - surrounded by energetic, inspiring people who are driven to make a difference as well. Monash is a place where you'll be able to develop your career in exciting, sometimes unexpected ways - putting you in the best possible position for a rewarding future.
Monash eResearch Centre (MeRC) is a University commitment to accelerating research by applying advanced computing and information technology to important research problems. The centre partners with individual researchers, Australian research institutions and facilities and global research communities. MeRC is a leader amongst international eResearch initiatives and runs a number of national projects including the MASSIVE
high performance computing facility, the ARDC Nectar Research Cloud node at Monash. It also delivers projects that seek to change the world such as the Smart Energy City project within the Net Zero Initiative . The Opportunity
Researchers are increasingly connected, increasingly participating in grand challenge problems, and increasingly reliant on technology. Problem solving for today's global challenges involves connecting Australian-made data analysis to research being delivered in the community, both locally and around the world.
Monash University's eResearch Centre has partnered with the Australian Research Data Commons (ARDC) to deliver a "Core Services", which operates underpinning digital research infrastructure such as the Nectar Research Cloud and Australian Research Container Orchestration Services (ARCOS) . The position will evolve developing and operating the national fabric and best-practices for both cloud and containers, which is foundational to builders of cloud-native applications, safe havens, HPC and data science & AI applications / MLOps. It will empower researchers to push the boundaries of their research knowing the barriers to connecting their research to others is significantly lowered. About you
To be successful in this role, you will possess skills and experience in:
- Deploying, operating and supporting Kubernetes (K8s) or OpenShift (OCP) container clusters in DevOps focused environments
- Extensive working knowledge and experience with Linux command line tools and securing/hardening Linux servers
- Configuration management tools (Puppet or Ansible preferable), and associated source code version management and review systems
- Virtualisation technologies, general Linux and Windows tuning, OpenStack administration
- Working knowledge of Linux networking for software defined networking environments (including TCP/IP, routing, switching, VLANs, GRE/VXLAN, firewalls/iptables, software bridges, high availability and load balancing)
- Experience with microservice concepts on self-hosted container platforms such as Mesos, Docker Swarm, OpenStack Magnum or commercial cloud container services (AWS ECS/EKS, Azure AKS, Google GKE)
- Undertaking systematic analysis and demonstrated experience in applying your analytical skills, troubleshooting and conceptual thinking to systems and operations
- Working with researchers and/or research communities, supporting researchers on large-scale or distributed computing systems
If this sounds like a position that suits your current career focus we look forward to hearing from you. To apply for this exciting opportunity, simply submit your CV along with a cover letter (maximum two pages) addressing your suitability to this position. Key Selection Criteria responses are not required. Please refer to " How to apply for Monash Jobs ".
This role is a full-time position; however, flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
At Monash University, we are committed to being a Child Safe organisation. Some positions at the University will require the incumbent to hold a valid Working with Children Check.
The successful applicant will need to possess a current valid Police Check. Enquiries
Dr Steve Quenette, Deputy Director, Monash e-Research Centre, steve. quenette@monash. edu Position Description
Research DevOps Systems Engineer Closing Date
Thursday 14 October 2021, 11:55pm AEDT Supporting a diverse workforce
Back to search results Email Job