Our Rollingstock Maintenance Centre in Nebo is currently seeking a new Reliability Engineer to join our team. This role is based in Nebo and the usual working hours are Mon-Fri 6am to 3pm.
About the Role
The role will provide an effective level of engineering/ technical support and maintenance service advice to Locomotive Fleet Maintenance Operations as per the current agreed contract.
This role is to support the customer by providing on or off-site fault diagnostics and corrective or preventative cost-effective maintenance solutions ensuring improved reliability and availability performance of the fleet through current GE and UGL Asset Management cooperation.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Based on customer’s site, you will be first point of contact for any technical / engineering queries or problems that occur with the locomotive fleet
- Provides Engineering/Technical support to the customer in the areas of design changes, engineering upgrades, product improvement, the management of maintenance activities and the preparation of maintenance plans
- Attend unscheduled failure or service calls, participating in investigation of failure/problems/incidents, analyse failures to determine cause, troubleshoot any critical issues
- Recommend corrective actions, considering of issues such as costs, safety, quality and reliability and develop plan and schedules for corrective and preventive maintenance activities
- Coordinate resources required for the carrying out of maintenance activity
- Carrying out installations, repairs, testing and commissioning of parts, components, systems and product as required, ensuring the reliability and availability of the fleet
- Provide training and technical instruction to customer personnel in establishing operation, maintenance and inspection procedures and techniques
- Maintain regular open communication with the customer and the site management team
- Preparation of condition/performance reports, maintenance records, call update and closure reports in a timely manner for both UGL and customer
We are seeking a candidate with
- 3-5 Years on the tools trades experience - Mechanical and or Electrical Engineering and or Trade experience in a Locomotive Maintenance field preferred
- Recent post Apprenticeship tradesperson or graduate engineer are encouraged to apply
- Experience In reliability management is preferred
- Good engineering understanding, be able to understand a problem, its impact and come up with methods to resolve issues through simple changes
- Aspirations to develop your career in the manufacturing industry
- Proficient skills in computes: MS Works, Excel, CMMS System and email
What we offer:
- Full time employment
- Competitive remuneration package
- A chance to join a 6,000 + strong organization owned by the CIMIC Group, one of the world’s leading international contractors
UGL Pty Limited is a leading provider of end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services. We are active across rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies.
As a diversified services organisation, UGL appreciates the diversity and richness of its people, and seeks to create inclusive environments that promote your talent and skills.