LTK ENGINEERING SERVICES
, one of the nation's most respected consultants to the railroad and rail transit industries, is currently seeking to identify suitably qualified persons for the position listed below. RAIL VEHICLE ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS ENGINEERSydney, AustraliaMinimum Qualifications
The ideal candidate has a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and a minimum of 7 to 15 years of professional experience in rail vehicle engineering, particularly electrical and electronic systems. Candidates must have strong knowledge of core electrical engineering concepts such as analog/digital circuit design, vehicle electrical installations, networking/telecommunications, control systems, and software development. Familiarity with key aspects of rail vehicle mechanical engineering is an advantage.
Candidates must possess excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills, and work well in a team. Chartered status or professional registration is desirable but not mandatory. Both domestic and foreign travel is a requirement of this role.Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop technical specifications for rail vehicle electro-mechanical equipment, electronic control systems and their interfaces with other systems.
- Review electro-mechanical and electronic control systems design submittals, including software documentation, interface design documents and verification reports. Prepare detailed descriptions of review findings and non-compliances with requirements. Write review comments for the designer to address.
- Participate in formal design review meetings and technical working sessions to resolve issues.
- Review test procedures for performance against international standards and contract requirements.
- Witness equipment undergoing qualification testing, including; electromagnetic compatibility, electrical performance, environmental, and functional testing.
- Ensure that electronics systems are demonstrated to have the appropriate Safety Integrity Level (SIL) certification for their function.
- Conduct root cause investigations of failed systems and equipment, including software defects and reporting findings.
- Perform field tests and investigations of electrical phenomena and set up/utilize electrical measurement equipment - voltage/current sensors, pressure transducers, electrical data acquisition systems, etc.
- Manage testing and commissioning activities, witness vehicle track testing and review test reports.
- Interface with key stakeholders and manage project interfaces with other organizations.
- Undertake business development activities and prepare proposals for engineering services.
LTK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, offering attractive professional opportunities, and competitive compensation and benefits packages. Qualified individuals are encouraged to submit resume and cover letter online.
Apply for This Job