... we showed you how we're solving the world's greatest challenges by transforming intangible ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world?
Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomises the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow. About the opportunity
The world needs innovators and problem solvers who turn challenges into greater opportunities. We have an insatiable curiosity about solutions to move people and goods safely and efficiently across the globe. From rail systems mobilising accessible transit, to ports linking land and sea - when it comes to connecting the people and places of tomorrow, the future of transport depends on us.
In this role as a Senior Systems Engineer in Sydney
, you will play an integral part to our ongoing growth within the transport rail infrastructure sector. The main purpose of this role is to support the development and application of a systematic whole of life systems Engineering Framework in support of engineering project delivery. Including
- Defining & scoping customer needs (business and technical needs) and required functionality early in the development cycle along with developing system and sub-system specifications.
- Application of architectural & design skills to decompose the system specification into a structured hierarchy of progressively smaller but cohesive sub-systems and well-defined interfaces.
- Implementing continuous change, release & configuration management of the system, sub systems and interfaces.
- Structured validation, verification and integration whilst continuously considering the complete system problem.
The ideal candidate should have experience in a complex industry, either on construction/design projects, or in maintenance and operation. In addition: -
Jacobs. A world where you can.
- Able to demonstrate vast experience of implementing Systems Engineering practice on complex projects with demonstrable results.
- Degree qualified in an engineering discipline (ideally systems engineering).
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions - we're committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally - and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we've gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You'll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too - from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you'll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals - all at a single global company.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
AU Sydney - 177 Pacific Highway, Level 7, 177 Pacific Highway, North Sydney, 2060Capabilities:
Transit and Rail