We're inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds. Talk to us about any support or accessibility requirements you may need and how we support flexibility in the workplace.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage a flexible work culture.About the Role
The Project Engineer will be responsible for the successful conduct and completion of the work packages and elements of R&D program scope as delegated by the Projects Manager and Technical Manager.Key Responsibilities:
- Develop scope and cost documentation.
- Assist in the development and delivery of R&D proposals
- Assist in the management of assigned work packages
- Assist in managing technical content such as functional performance specifications, system requirement specifications and target performance measures - between Technical Lead, Systems engineering and cross functional engineering support Assist in managing supplier specifications and key supplier deliverables
- Assist in demonstration planning and on water activities for applicable UWS projects.
Good to Know
- Hold a degree in science or engineering
- Ability to scope, plan and manage a significant WP to successful completion.
- Ability to co-ordinate and lead a team of full-time and part-time staff drawn from a matrix organisation.
- High level planning and time-management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to gain an in-depth knowledge of the technical content of UWS projects.
- Ability to write clear, concise documents containing technical detail.
- Experienced in working within OH&S frameworks with a solid working knowledge of safe work practices relating to personnel and material safety and handling of hazardous materials.
You'll receive an email acknowledgement after you've applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit - http://www.defence. gov.au/AGSVA/
Prior to offer you'll complete a pre-employment police and medical.
For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.