Who We Are:
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer Defence Systems is seeking to engage a Prototyping Specialist to support the delivery of complex systems within Defence. The Prototyping Specialist is responsible for providing prototyping input and specialist advice as a ‘shared service’ across all Capability Elements. Responsibilities include:
- Develop, implement and iteratively improve the Program prototyping framework to enable the progress of specialist C2 systems from lower technical readiness levels into delivery and implementation.
- Advise the Program Technology Manager and Program Capability Realisation Manager on the implementation and progress of in-development products.
- Assist Capability Element Leads with the development and maintenance of Documentation (OCD, FRD, TEMP) Enclosures for the respective capabilities.
- Ensure standardisation of needs and requirements definitions in relation to prototype tools in Capability Development Documents (CDDs) and related documentation.
- Attend Capability Boards as required to advise on the status of prototype tools and upcoming technologies.
- Support technical certification, and security certification and accreditation processes as required.
- Providing support to the Project-governance framework as defined in the Integrated Project Management Plan (IPMP), including participation on Integrated Project Team (IPT) meetings, Capability Boards and User working group meetings.
- Identify gaps and opportunities to improve the effectiveness and performance of Joint C2 ICT applications.
Essential Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Degree qualified in Engineering or another appropriate discipline.
- High-level understanding on the systems engineering discipline and practical application of associated concepts including; requirements definition, design and readiness reviews, system safety, configuration management and audits, verification and validation and technical certification.
- High-level of understanding on the development of the CDD suite.
- Experience of working in technical regulatory framework utilised in the Defence context.
- Experience with major capital acquisition projects in the Defence context.
- Experience with sustainment arrangements in Defence (commercial and Foreign Military Sales).
- Experience with the Defence Strategic Framework, Defence Capability Life Cycle and the related governance requirements.
Desirable Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Experience within relevant organisations, such as Defence Science and Technology Group.
- INCOSE Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP).
- Understanding of JC2 systems, strategic networks, tactical networks, and ICT organisations within the ADF (fixed and deployed domains) in the Joint Force operational environments.
- Understanding of the Defence Security Principles Framework, Public Key Infrastructure, and cyber worthiness principles.
- Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle, software development methodologies (such as Agile and Dev Ops), test and evaluation in development operations, ICT governance frameworks and maintenance and operations environments.
- Ability to develop technical SORs or SOWs for software delivery projects.
- Tertiary undergraduate degree (Mandatory),
- Tertiary postgraduate degree (desirable),
- Relevant Certifications
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment
- A growing business where opportunities are favourable
- A great team where you are empowered to lead
- Salary Sacrifice and Novated Leasing
- Referral bonuses
- Leave Purchases
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums)
Candidates must be Australian citizens, ideally with a minimum NV1 security clearance, or be eligible to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance prior to commencement of engagement. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.
Apply today or contact Recruitment Team on email@example.com for further details.
(Please note: Downer Group does not accept applications via email).