A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
We are truly global, and our 14,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion.
Due to the growth of our business and an expanding portfolio of projects both locally and Nationally, an exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated Civil Engineer to join our team in Cairns. This is an opportunity to live Regionally and work Globally.
Reporting to the Transport and Resources Team Leadership, and working on a number of exciting projects you will able to demonstrate:
• Recognised relevant tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering;
• Proven track record of Project Engineering experience;
• Relevant industry experience in Civil Infrastructure within a consulting business environment;
• Membership of relevant professional institutions/professional peer bodies or significant credit towards eligibility for membership;
• Proven working knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice, and guidelines – and Arup’s related procedures including OH&S
• Experience in the consulting engineering environment, including the ability to work with clients on cost-effective, sustainable and innovative solutions;
• Self-motivated with a desire to deliver excellence;
• Personal desire to be part of a dynamic team.
In this role you will:
• Independently evaluate, select and adapt standard engineering practices and apply them to engineering design work.
• Prepare design computations; quantity estimates; and costs of material, equipment and labor on basic engineering projects.
• Analyse, prepare or modify reports, maps, drawings, plans, and specifications.
• With general supervision, sign and seal drawings, specifications, and other documentation prepared under own professional license.
• Assists with or leads the management of transportation or other infrastructure design projects and team(s).
• Assist with or prepares project work plan development and execution.
• Assist with or leads client contacts and communications pertaining to specific assignments or meetings.
• Track project schedule, budget and costs to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
• Prepare scopes of work and fee estimates.
• Assist in the development of proposals.
• Flexible working – including flexible start and finish times, working from home, part time and job share options;
• Modern and contemporary offices;
• Digital tools and equipment that enable you to work flexibly both in and outside the office in a way that suits your lifestyle and personal commitments;
• Industry leading Paid Parental and Partner Leave;
• Purchased additional annual leave (up to 4 weeks);
• Professional memberships;
• Professional and technical development opportunities to develop your technical and project management skills to further your career in the trajectory you desire including study assistance and access to Arup University;
The people at Arup are driven to find a better way and to deliver better solutions for our clients.
We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including a global profit share scheme, excellent staff benefits and long-term career development opportunities.
We welcome applications from a diverse group of people, including those who are seeking flexible working, have accessibility needs, want to bring their whole selves to work, and can enrich our workforce with cultural diversity.
If you are interested in helping us shape a better world, please click “Apply Now” to submit your online application.
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at anytime