Exceptional opportunity for an ambitious and talented Remedial/Structural Engineer with a passion for excellence. Reporting to the Director and acting as the 2iC, this opportunity presents a compelling and rare opportunity to acquire a stake in a 40 years old business that continues to grow YOY.
Duties in brief:
• Making yourself acquainted with the policy and procedure of this office.
• Making yourself acquainted with our reporting format and process.
• Maintaining a timesheet and entering the timesheet daily.
• Accurately maintaining all time and cost records.
• Answering queries from clients promptly and maintaining client relationships.
• Providing site services when required.
• Taking responsibility for the preparation of fee proposals, reports, liaising with clients, site inspections and supervision of remedial works.
• Managing own projects and preparing invoices monthly for work completed.
• Oversee, assist and mentor junior staff.
• Assist senior staff in compilation and preparation of reports
• Preparation of tender documents including technical specifications, contracts and scopes of work.
• Other contract administrative duties such as assessing progress claims, answering clients’ queries and resolving contractors’ requests for information.
• Ongoing further education and development including attending technical seminars and continuing professional development.
• Assisting with the project management of projects including cost control and time management and if there is an unexpected over-run informing the Directors prior to the weekly project review meetings, or end of month whichever occurs first.