Project Manager (Civil Infrastructure)
Apply now Job ID:
582276 Job type:
Full Time - Permanent Location:
Brisbane, Townsville Categories:
Project Management, Construction, Civil Engineering Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities. Position summary
Due to recent growth within our Infrastructure Projects business unit we are now seeking to engage the capability of a Project Manager, or SPE looking for a step up, for works in Queensland. The successful candidate will be provided with autonomy and the opportunity to grow within the business. This is an excellent opportunity to join our high-performance Civil Infrastructure team focusing primarily on Quality Assurance, Document Control, site costs, purchasing and compliance to Zero Harm requirements. Furthermore it is a requirement of the role that you will be working away on a 3/1 roster. ABOUT YOU
WHAT WE OFFER
- Degree qualifications in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Demonstrated capability in Civil Construction with exposure to major infrastructure projects;
- Strong engineering experience within Roads Construction with Main Roads experience.
- Ideally you will have RPEQ qualification or working towards
- Proven experience from a Tier 1 or Tier 2 major civil contractor desirable
- Ability to interpret and apply contracts' terms and legislation provisions
- Developed financial planning and budgeting skills and delivering positive results.
- Capable of managing designs and specifications
- Developed analytical and planning/prioritisation skills
- Ensure that sub-contractors' and suppliers are engaged in line with Downer's procurement procedures, specifically ensuring that they deliver on the Zero Harm imperatives and their specific subcontract/supply agreement
- Possess exceptional negotiating and influencing skills
- Available to work on a 3/1 roster
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A supportive and dynamic team environment.
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
- Career development opportunities.
- Lifestyle, financial, health and well-being employee benefits.
Downer works to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace that facilitates opportunity and respect. Our focus on gender and cultural inclusiveness is active and ongoing, and through various initiatives we aim to help close the gap between indigenous and non-indigenous communities. HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this opportunity, please use the link and apply online. Applications emailed directly to the recruitment team will not be considered.
For more information please contact Chris Petras, chris. petras@downergroup. com before the closing date.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the closing date - applications may also close before this date.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position. Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to the Downer careers portal or to any Downer employees. Downer will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resumes. How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: 15 Oct 2021 E. Australia Standard Time