WHO WE ARE
VEC Civil Engineering is a proud Tasmanian company, highly regarded for expertise in the design and construction of complex structures including bridge, road, rail and water infrastructure, civil construction, and steel and concrete fabrication.
We're part of the Downer Group, and together with Downer we form a strong Tasmanian business based on the strength that comes from deep local knowledge and experience, combined with national scale and capability.
We're growing our business and we're looking for a Project Manager to join the team to work on transformative projects across Tasmania. KEY DUTIES
- Lead teams to deliver outstanding outcomes for customers and communities
- Establish effective decision making and communication mechanisms to keep all team members focused on project objectives
- Prepare and implement the project management plan ensuring technical, quality and other key deliverables are effectively managed
- Visibly demonstrate a commitment to Zero Harm on all projects you lead
WHAT WE OFFER
- A degree in Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Business; or a Project Management qualification is highly desirable
- An understanding of the civil construction industry with a focus on roads, bridges and wharves is desirable
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Experience across the MS Office suite, Candy and Primavera would be highly regarded
We know our people are our greatest asset, and that's why we invest in their growth. As part of the Civil Contractors Federation's 2021 awards (Tas), Downer and VEC won the Commitment to Training and Skills Development.
- Highly supportive, team-oriented organisation
- Championing health and safety initiatives for all our employees
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity to work with an ASX listed company
For more information please contact: tisha. wiggins@downergroup. com or mobile number 0487 106 596 quoting job number 584579. Please note emailed applications are not accepted
. Contact details are provided only to request further information.