UGL's Transport & Technology business has an opportunity for a Project Manager on our new Regional Rail project based in our North Sydney project office for the initial 24 months with the potential for relocation to Dubbo, NSW after this time.
The role of the Project Manager is to work within the project team and support the Senior Project Managers and Maintenance Manager to deliver project outcomes. The role will consult and coordinate information flows between all internal functions as applicable through all phases of the project lifecycle.
This position will be required to demonstrate initiative and technical understanding of the project interdependencies to effectively operate within a matrix style operational environment.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Involvement and support of all UGL HSSE requirements including participation in proactive safety measures and HSSE improvement plan initiatives.
- Provide initiative and champion all requirements of assigned project activities.
- Represent UGL with the customer where required and cultivate and manage this relationship in a manner congruent with UGL Values.
- Develop appropriate project documentation collaboratively with stakeholders to effectively manage the delivery of UGL project deliverable submissions within time, cost and quality constraints.
- Manage the flow of design reviews effectively and within contracted timeframes and requirements.
- Manage RFI and Correspondence responses and actions effectively and within required timeframes
- Manage Primavera P6 and manage the UGL Requirements for schedule maintenance and ongoing amendments as arise from time to time.
- Assist the project team in the review of the project scope, budget, schedule, and quality requirements as defined in the project handover documentation, and subsequent initiation and setup of the project baselines within the agreed time frames.
Qualifications & Key Requirements
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent, preferably in a technical field.
- A minimum of 5 years' demonstrable experience in, and sound understanding of coordination in a multi disciplined production, manufacturing, maintenance or engineering environment.
- Demonstrated experience with project control techniques, schedule analysis, risk and opportunity management, and project financial forecasting.
- Experience in managing projects within MS Project, Primavera P6, or equivalent scheduling software.
- Experience gained in the rail, automotive, military, defence, aviation or any other safety critical environment.
What we offer
Diverse opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve
A chance to join a 6,000+ strong organisation owned by the CIMIC Group, one of the world’s leading international contractors
Competitive group remuneration and benefits including:
- Incentive opportunity
- Health and wellbeing program with company-funded salary continuance insurance
- Flexible work arrangements – have a chat to us around how this can work for you
- A culture that values diversity and innovation, evolving with market changes and new technologies
What makes you right for UGL - behaviour/principles
- Genuine concern for safety
- Capacity to flourish in a high-performance environment
- An innovative mindset and a willingness to challenge the norm
- You believe success and value are driven by real teams where everyone has a role to play