Project Engineering Manager Job ID:
569781 Job type:
Full Time - Permanent Location:
Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne Categories:
Engineering (All disciplines), Project Management Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities. Position summary
Downer's Road Services business unit is one of the largest non-government owned road services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 40,000 km of road. Our Business is involved in many exciting ventures within the civil road industry throughout the country. Downer continues to be an innovator
in the circular economy developing a growing footprint in recycling and repurposing materials via the Reconomy business unit.
division provides management of waste streams, dedicated to developing the circular economy. It delivers road network solutions that recycle and repurpose domestic, commercial, road and construction waste materials into quality construction and organic products. These efforts help drive the circular economy through practical applications, while reducing the reliance upon increasingly scarce virgin materials. Landfill diversion and repurposing solve the challenge of transforming waste into re-manufactured products required for the immediate and long-term welfare of Australia.
We are seeking a Project Engineering Manager - Reconomy to join our high-performing team based either Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane. This position will be responsible for the design, delivery and optimisation of treatment plants, nationally. Sound technical knowledge across plant process optimisation, production, energy efficiency, asset/maintenance management will be vital. You will come from a strong operational background with proven experience managing projects which ensure materials destined for landfill are innovatively and sustainably recycled and put back into the economy. You will have a creative flare when it comes to developing complex financial models to support business cases. The ability to oversee the entire process from concept to design to delivery will be paramount. Exceptional client engagement skills and the ability to formulate new business strategy and negotiate commercial terms will ensure your success in this position. Our ideal candidate will be a natural leader with strong EQ, outstanding engineering acumen and a commercial mindset. ABOUT YOU
WHAT WE OFFER
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (civil/electrical/mechanical) as well as Project Management qualifications essential
- Previous experience in the same or similar role with the ability to drive delivery on business strategy to achieve growth through new business opportunities
- Operations management including leading a small team, ensuring process and quality standards are at optimum levels as well as planning maintenance and shutdowns
- Strong understanding of financial management, design & execution of projects
- Self-motivated problem solver who is outcome focused with the ability to influence and persuade at all levels
- Proficient computer/technical skills, in particular MS Project and Excel
- Strong safety focus with demonstrated evidence of actively promoting and sustaining a Zero Harm environment
- Highly supportive, high performing team orientated environment
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- Career growth opportunity within an ASX listed company
For more information please contact: Elysha Evans - Talent and Sourcing Business Partner and quote reference number 569781.
E: Elysha. Evans@downergroup. com Applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the closing date - applications may also close before this date.
"Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply".
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to the Downer careers portal or to any Downer employees. Downer will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals. How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: 15 Apr 2021 AUS Eastern Standard Time