Boeing Defence Australia's is shaping the future of multiple air, land and sea platforms which is delivering critical capability for the Australian Defence Force. As part of this capability growth, Boeing Defence Australia is seeking experienced Project Engineering Lead(s) to support the delivery of major upgrade programs across these Defence platforms.
As a highly skilled Project Engineering Lead you will apply your extensive systems engineering knowledge and leadership ability to manage a multidiscipline engineering team through the full lifecycle of an engineering change from initial proposal development and design conception through to incorporation of the change onto the platform.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with the Project Manager to ensure the engineering scope is delivered within the quality, schedule and budget constraints of the project
- Customer interface to ensure that engineering and technical requirements are adequately understood and communicate engineering status on project deliverables.
- Ensuring effective deployment of engineering activities and resources
- Liaising with the business capabilities to identify the engineering skills needed for the project, and to secure properly skilled resources
- Managing the design through the system engineering reviews and business gate process
- Conducting project control activities and fulfil the role Control Account Manager (CAM)
- Tracking performance metrics and identifying continuous improvement opportunities
To be successful you will be able to demonstrate:
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in complex technical development and integration projects.
- Strong understanding of systems engineering principles and lifecycle management
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a diverse multidisciplinary and geographically diverse team with a focus on service delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to engage, influence and negotiate at all levels with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and customers.
- Experience with technical management of aerospace and / or defence projects highly regarded.
- Experience in delivering projects in an AUSDEFCON contract environment highly regarded.
- These positions can be based in Adelaide, Brisbane or Newcastle.
- Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.