CYP Design & Construction Joint Venture (CYP D&C) has been contracted to design and build the tunnels and stations for the Metro Tunnel Project.
CYP D&C brings together three of Australia's leading construction partners John Holland, Lendlease, and Bouygues Construction.
The Metro Tunnel Project will untangle the City Loop by taking three of Melbourne's busiest train lines through a new tunnel under the city. It will create a new end-to-end train line from Sunbury to Cranbourne/Pakenham, with twin nine-kilometre tunnels and five new underground stations at Arden (to be renamed North Melbourne), Parkville, Anzac, and two new CBD stations - State Library and Town Hall - which will directly connect to the City Loop.
We are looking for a Project Engineer- Track and Civil to successfully participate in the project delivery process by completing and assisting the project team in the timely completion of work in accordance with the project operating manual and the client's expectations of time, cost, safety and environmental objectives, maintaining and updating the team's construction schedule and managing site subcontractors and suppliers to complete projects. Responsibilities of the role include;
To be successful in this key role, you must have:
- Work within the project team to assist with scoping, procurement and cost estimating of works, updating the asset management system and compiling of relevant QA & safety documentation
- Provide required reports to the Superintendent to meet monthly reporting timelines.
- Assist all members as/where required in ensuring all elements of QA & Environment Management Systems are maintained
- Assist the Superintendent in routinely providing all relevant information required for the timely compilation and submission of all necessary.
- Preparation of both short- and longer-term detailed construction plans and targets
- In conjunction with the Superintendent assist where required in the review of project budgets and ongoing expenses
- Understand the client's requirements in relation to all Project Plans, Document Control procedures and QA/ Environment requirements
- Assist with the preparation of site budgets and reports.
- Undertake qualitative and quantitative safety, environment and quality risk assessments to ensure acceptable quality of structures and finishes.
- Tertiary qualifications Construction / Engineering Discipline.
- Demonstrated skills in programming, cost control, quality assurance, safety and supervision/people management.
- Minimum 5-7 years' engineering experience.
- Previous work in a Rail environment, including slab track works, concrete pours
- Experience on > $100 M Projects.
- Project Engineer and operational experience.
- Knowledge of project management structure, plans, specification, standards and implications for project accountabilities.
- Understanding of the Project Design Management Plan, Quality Management Plan. Safety Management Plan and Environmental Management Plan.
- Pre-contracts knowledge in relation to design, planning and legislative requirements
- Experience working in tunnel environment, project wide level of planning, development and review of complex projects and delivery of projects to program and budget specifications is desirable
CYP D&C companies are diverse, flexible and inclusive as employers of choice. We engage, enable and empower our people. Inclusion sets all of us up for success.
Consideration for these roles will be given to applicants that are able to demonstrate the relevant background and experience outlined.