About John Holland
We're all about transforming lives by finding solutions to complex challenges. We do that by providing leading design, engineering, construction and asset operations, across infrastructure, transport, building and property in Australia and New Zealand. From the epic, to the intimate, everything we do improves life for someone, somewhere. It gives our business momentum and means we approach things a little differently. While our competitors talk about what they do, we focus on why we do it. We transform communities to make them easier to move around, more connected and better to live in. Are you up for the challenge?
We are currently looking for Project Engineer-Track to join our rail team working on a project based in Canterbury.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Manage on-site engineering functions directly and through subordinates, which may include site engineers and graduate engineers
- Monitor quality and quantities of incoming equipment and material, check work drawings, construction and specifications against site plans and conditions and arrange corrections or modifications where necessary.
- Coordinate the activities of team, programme workloads and provide technical and administrative guidance to ensure aims and objectives are effectively and economically achieved
- Ensure that project completion is on time and within budget. Record completed work, costs incurred, materials used and retain progress drawings
- Accurate forecasts of costs and utilise corrective action in line with JH's authority and reporting frameworks to maximise the profit margin
- Assign work and assist with reviews for accuracy and adherence to required standards of supplier, subcontractor quotations/purchase orders as well as subcontractor arrangements
- Participate in planning works inclusive of day works and intense around clock working within rail closures. Plan resource requirements including plant, equipment, labor, materials and staff resourcing
- Liaise with clients, consultants, subcontractors, suppliers and planning authorities to ensure satisfactory completion of works
- Assist in the development of estimates and submissions for rail services work
- Perform all duties in accordance with John Holland policies, processes, systems, reporting and procedures
Skills and Experience required:
- Bachelor of Engineering
- Demonstrated skills in programming, cost control, quality assurance, safety and supervision/people management
- Minimum 5 years' engineering experience
- Previous work in a Rail environment will be highly regarded
- Knowledge of project management structure, plans, specification, standards and implications for project accountabilities
- Understanding of the Project Design Management Plan, Quality Management Plan. Safety Management Plan and Environmental Management Plan
Being a position in Rail team, where most of the work is completed in rail closures over weekends, public holiday and nightshifts - a level of flexibility in work hours roster is required for this role.
Some of the benefits of the role include:
- Joining an established and successful business operating throughout Australia and New Zealand
- Being part of a high performing team of committed and talented experts
- John Holland is 'people first' company we will work on the development of your career and also provide a very competitive salary package and employee benefits program
As part of the team, you help us deliver on our promise to transform lives. Your success is reflected in ours, so we're committed to being an employer of choice. We pride ourselves on having a diverse and inclusive workplace, as different perspectives and ideas will deliver our long-term success. We'll do all we can to help you develop your skills, and make a difference, right from the start. We have a flexible workplace and focus on all aspects of your physical and mental health and safety. We want you to be with us for the long-term, so providing you with rich career experiences and ongoing development is our priority.
Job Segment: Construction, Project Engineer, Design Engineer, Engineer, Engineering