About Laing O'Rourke
Laing O'Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with over 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O'Rourke banner. We are currently delivering some of Australia's most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O'Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry. About the role
We're looking for an experienced Senior Project Engineer
for a major public infrastructure project based in Perth, WA. This permanent role offers great career prospects with a people-centric, privately owned tier 1 constructor and international engineering enterprise. Key Responsibilities:
You will have
- Demonstrate a proactive approach towards workplace safety.
- Engage, motivate and provide a disciplined approach to ensure an employee can perform to their full potential and meet performance objectives.
- Ensure works are carried out according to intended design and technical specifications.
- Coordinate the project activities and engage the subcontractors to ensure a safe, timely and quality product.
- Ensure work packs are up to date and created using Digital Engineering tools.
- Ensure MDR close out as the project progresses.
- Manage the technical risk and opportunities that present on the project alongside the project's Commercial Manager, and maximise opportunities as they arise.
- Provide support as required by the Project Leader for any stakeholder contract requirement.
- Monitor the budget and risk registers for the project and assist with variations.
As a suitable candidate for this role, you will hold a civil engineering degree and you will have proven capability working as senior project engineer with Roads, Earthworks or Structural experience You will have experience leading and working on multiple large scale road construction projects.
Important to your role, will be your ability to demonstrate a safety conscious approach to your daily work, along with excellent problem solving and organisational skills. You will lead from the front and encourage collaboration between departments to allow the best outcomes for the project. Your excellent communication skills and solid understanding of issues which affect traffic management is crucial to your ability to interact effectively with local roads authorities and other stakeholders. Benefits
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.