Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in a growing industry?
As Vestas grows into new markets, we are looking for strong leaders to help manage new opportunities. Vestas looks to accelerate innovation through the development of our employee's skills and talents.
Project Engineer - Grid Compliance
The role will ensure the grid connection compliance aspects of Vestas’ construction projects are delivered in accordance with the contract requirements, law and best practice
- Support power system studies to define the wind farm generator performance standards and to develop the wind farm control system functional design specification and reactive plant requirements. Coordinate activities with the grid modelling department;
- Review of Balance of Plant (BoP) design, drawing and document submissions from subcontractors against industry best practice, law, international and local standards, in addition to Vestas’ contractual and interfacing requirements from the perspective of grid connection compliance;
- Ensure grid connection deliverables required to be submitted by Vestas are provided in a timely, safe and high-quality manner;
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure grid connection issues are resolved in a timely manner;
- Undertake and support the procurement, design, installation, commissioning and testing of wind farm grid monitoring equipment, and control systems;
- Undertake generator performance standards compliance testing, model validation (R2) testing, and generator registration with AEMO, including liaising with site based personnel;
- Engage and manage power systems engineering consultancies when required;
- Research and prepare formal responses to inquiries regarding wind farm technical performance. Prepare and deliver technical presentations to customer;
- Attend and provide input to various safety, design, technical and risk meetings, workshops and reviews;
- Assess Variations, Requests for Information (RFIs) and payment claims
- Review tender specifications.
- Registered or Certified Professional Engineer (RPEng or CPEng)
- Engineering degree in Electrical or Power Systems
- Ability to manage consultants and designers in a construction environment – tier one companies valued
- Experience in review of grid connection compliance design in a construction environment;
- Any grid connection experience, especially wind farm registration will be highly valued
- Generator and power systems modelling – wind farm modelling highly valued
- Experience using PSS/E, PSCAD, PowerFactory simulation tools
- Substation electrical design well regarded;
- Any experience in negotiation with major stakeholders, such as clients, consultants, contractors and authorities;
- Experience in high pressure environment
What we offer:
- A workplace that focuses on safety.
- An opportunity to work with the world leader in wind energy.
- The opportunity to further develop your skills and professional development.
- Competitive remuneration.
- Global career progression prospects.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
All our career opportunities are listed on https://www.vestas.com/en/career
Vestas is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from those who identify as being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 101 GW of wind turbines in 80 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 86 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 24,600 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.