About Laing O'Rourke
Laing O'Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with over 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O'Rourke banner. We are currently delivering some of Australia's most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O'Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry. Laing O'Rourke is proud to hold the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Citation - Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.About the role
We are currently seeking a Project Engineer that has a keen interest in Strategic Planning for our More Trains More Services project.
This permanent role offers great career prospects with a privately owned tier 1 constructor and international engineering enterprise.
Laing O'Rourke has secured a five-year programme of significant rail infrastructure works on the rail network in southern Sydney and surrounds. Works include earthworks, drainage, track work, overhead traction wiring, substations, signalling, platforms, bridges, buildings and building services across multiple sites. The works occur inside a live operational rail corridor with occasional weekend works during track possessions.Key responsibilities
- Developing and maintaining the stage works strategy for the program in conjunction with planners and other Senior Project Engineers
- Planning, preparing and controlling all pre-commissioning and commissioning activities
- Operational readiness activities leading to project completion
- The role involves interface with client, asset owner, third parties, construction team and commissioning teams on all matters relating to commissioning, handover and operational readiness
- Relevant engineering degree combined with experience on large-scale rail projects, ideally in Australia
- You enjoy solving complex puzzles to piece together the work sequences and commissioning activities for the program of works
- Knowledge of the use of Microsoft Office, Navisworks, and scheduling software
- You will be able to coordinate work schedules using excellent interpersonal skills
- You would be fit to work in the rail corridor when required
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.