CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, and we also include the people and projects of Leighton Asia.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do. What can our construction projects build for you?
We are seeking an experienced Project Engineer- Services & Utilities to join the project team on Sydney Metro City & Southwest Pitt Street Station which will provide a 250-metre-long underground Station running from Park Street to Bathurst St, between Pitt and Castlereagh Streets, connecting the two station entries with retail and other commercial facilities.
As a result of our current and future needs with the NSW/ACT Business Unit we are seeking expression of interests from Project Engineers with structure background to work on our large commercial/health building projects which will be based in NSW. Your opportunity
Reporting to the Construction Manager, the Project Engineer will be responsible to effectively coordinate the design, procurement and construction elements for a designated area on the project to ensure safety, time, cost and environmental objectives are achieved.
- Contributing to a culture of 'Safety underpins everything we do'.;
- Actively coordinate procurement for the designated work area and coordinate construction elements;
- Actively manage the short and long term construction planning for works under control including submittals, start-up planning and programming;
- Develop / monitor KPI and productivity analysis against program and budget;
- Actively liaising with subcontractors / suppliers and working with site personnel; and
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements and all relevant Company and Group policies and processes.
Our minimum requirements for this role are:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications;
- Previous experience in a Project Engineer role on a large building construction project;
- Demonstrated competency in areas of technical and production management in self-performed structures operations;
- Demonstrated experience in planning up to 4 weeks ahead and weekly reporting against cost and time;
- Strong understanding of programme management, deadlines and budget controls;
- Strong attitude and awareness of Safety; and
- High level verbal and written communication skills.
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
W e support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.