We believe success and value are driven by real teams where everyone has a role to play.
We work on challenging and exciting projects that shape the way we evolve, adapt, and transform the industries we work in. We rally together, drawing on the diverse skills across our teams and create environments where great ideas are heard.
This opportunity will see you join UGL, whereas a key member of a highly experienced team within the Utilities business you will work on projects within the Power and Water infrastructure sector.
UGL Utilities team have recently been successful in securing a new project - MacIntyre Wind Farm (330kv Substation and Transmission line). The project is based in South West Queensland and the position will be based on a 3:1 roster (interstate) or 10:4 (Brisbane).
About the role:
The Civil Engineer is responsible for providing engineering and administrative coordination for the design, supply, construction and testing of the project. The primary challenges of this position are to ensure the project is completed in a safe, cost effective and timely manner to meet contractual arrangements made with the client. Responsibilities will focus on projects with earth works, in-ground services and civil structures.
Some key responsibilities of this role will include:
• Manage interface between Civil/Structural Design Engineers/Consultants and Civil/Structural work packages
• Liaise with subcontractors to ensure job is constructed to the technical, quality and customer requirements
• Ensure that the survey of installations throughout the project is conducted in a professional manner with all results being reviewed and accepted as correct with actions coordinated and documented.
• Assist the Project Manager with compliance to the documentation required under the UGL Management System
• Liaise with Construction Manager to ensure job is on schedule
• Provide a focal point for all technical based queries for associated civil/structural subcontractors and suppliers.
• Provide engineering advice for subcontractors/suppliers
• Assist the Project Manager in preparation of monthly reports and also attend the monthly report meetings with Client
To be successful you will require:
• Tertiary Engineering Qualification
• RPEQ certification desirable
• Minimum 5 Years' Experience in project related disciplines
• Strong communication skills (oral & written) including strong negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of people at different levels both internally and externally.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently to organise and prioritise demands, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously, set and meet deadlines and follow-through within a fast paced environment with multiple and competing demands
• Proficient skills in computers: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, email
What makes you right for UGL:
• Ability to provide a safe, supportive, and positive workplace
• Empower a united and collaborative culture
• Deliver technical excellence and create efficient, innovative solutions
• Build an enviable reputation and the trust of employees, clients, and other stakeholders
• Genuine concern for safety
UGL is well-known and respected for providing end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services within, rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world's largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises, and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies.
At UGL, we value diversity - in the backgrounds, ideas, work styles and perspectives of our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note that relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These may include a national criminal history check and for you to undergo pre-employment medical assessment including drug and alcohol screen.
UGL does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.