Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.The Opportunity:
We have an exciting opportunity for a BMS Project Engineer to join our Digital Building Business. Responsible for the design and delivery of Schneider Electrics BMS projects this role is a true technical partner to our customers.
Partnering with Project Managers and customers, at multiple client sites across the Sydney, you will become part of a passionate and experienced team that provides outstanding service and support to our clients. This is a chance to put your BMS experience into action and grow a long-lasting career with our organization. Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
- Implementing BMS technical solutions for client projects using Ecostruxure Building Operation, Schneider Electric's BMS platform
- Integrating with electrical, hydraulic, fire, vertical transport, security, CCTV, mechanical, IT and other systems via BACnet, MODBus, LON, API, Smart Connectors and web services;
- Designing the solution with energy efficiency and reliability best practices in mind;
- Working with IP Networks / ICT system configurations to support the execution of Schneider Electric's building control systems;
- Developing points lists, product selections, functional descriptions, control diagrams and interpreting mechanical and electrical drawings and specifications;
- Programming the Building Management System to meet the functional description and client requirements
- Onsite commissioning of the BMS to ensure full operation as per functional description and specification, including fault finding and problem-solving on technical issues as they arise;
- Supporting Project Managers to develop elaborate alternative solutions during change order management;
- Contributing to meeting project objectives in scope, schedule and cost.
- Project manage and engineer small works projects
- Responsibility of financial control for small works projects
You are someone that gets excited about technology and excels in problem solving within challenging environments. You are focused, collaborative and passionate about the work that you do. Achieving results motivates you. In addition, you have the following skills:
- Tertiary or trade qualifications in Mechanical, Electrical, Controls Systems or Computer Science (or related discipline)
- Robust knowledge of BMS controls and HVAC with some knowledge of Security and CCTV Industry
- Clear understanding of integration of Building Systems Protocols and IP Infrastructure;
- Proven track record of successfully delivering complex projects in industries such as construction or allied services;
- Minimum two to five years' work experience in BMS domain;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and ability to work both autonomously or as a member of a team;
- Ability to co-ordinate different internal and external stakeholders at all levels of an organization;
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and highly proficient with MS Office;
- Desire to build a long-term career by learning and developing technical knowledge and skills
- Valid Australian Drivers License
The list is long but importantly we offer a competitive salary package, access to our employee share plan and salary continuance insurance. Beyond this we have a truly flexible work environment with opportunities to work remotely, on-site at customer locations or in our brand new office facility which boasts EOT facilities and a gym. Additionally we offer all our employees a chance to build your career within our global organization. With our game changing 'Open Talent Market' you have the opportunity to; work on global projects, explore future roles or establish a mentorship to grow your skills. The opportunities are at your fingertips.
If you are keen on this role and have a solid understanding of BMS systems, who we are, what we do, our clients and the solutions we provide, then we want to hear from you!
All applicants must have working rights in Australia at the time of application and will be required to provide documented evidence if selected for interview.
Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. If any candidates are submitted in an unsolicited manner, we will consider this as a direct candidate application to Schneider Electric and no fee will be payable