Metro is a multi-award winning organisation and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success. You will be joining an organisation that is known as a global leader in its field but also prides itself on being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service. Our aim is to promote work/life balance feel comfortable to bring their best to work, and to truly be focused on a common goal which is to provide a world class railway service.
We are currently seeking a Signalling Project Engineer for work on our Level Crossing Removal Project (LXRP), on the Metropolitan Roads Program Alliance. This large-scale project will benefit train users, pedestrians, cyclists and drivers by improving safety, reducing congestion and enabling more frequent train services.
About the role:
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, in this role you will be responsible for undertaking specific elements of Signalling works to support project deliverables, drawing together Metro Trains Melbourne's requirements as a client and Principal Contractor on the Alliance.
This is a permanent, full time role, primarily based between the project head office in Richmond & site project locations along Melbourne’s South-East. As a Metro employee, you will receive free public transport travel along the network as well as access to pooled vehicles to travel to & from site.
• Assist the Project Manager with the preparation of scope documentation for specific activities/works and progress the engagement of the contractor/supplier, including tendering, evaluation contract award
• Assist the with the submission of the Works Readiness requirements
• Program, stage and deliver work packages to occupation programs
• Manage all aspects of allocated projects in conjunction with relevant stakeholders and contractors to progress projects to implementation and commissioning
• Manage the administration and control of Contract Instructions, in conjunction with the Construction Manager, ensuring that any change of scope, direction to proceed, site instruction etc. is given to the Contractor(s) in writing and correctly documented
• Manage the handover process at project completion ensuring that all the key stakeholders are involved and that project documentation is completed in accordance with procedures
• Manage the Signalling design contractors information and drawings, including ensuring that a current drawing register is maintained and that the documentation is issued to all the relevant parties
• Manage the Request For Information process ensuring that there is the appropriate technical input (from others) to the query and that there is a timely response
• Report on project financial position against an agreed budget baseline and justify deviations to the project budget
• Manage the external stakeholder relationship of the project to achieve a positive working relationship with MTM projects.
Desired qualifications, skills and experience:
• Tertiary qualification in Engineering admitting to corporate membership of the Institution of Engineers Australia
• Membership with the Institution of Railway Signal Engineers is highly desired
• Sound experience in engineering principles of planning, report preparation and scheduling
• Experience on a variety of Signalling Projects
• Sound experience in working within the railway environment, with exposure to one or all the following disciplines (Rail Systems, Track and Civil, Electrical)
• Working knowledge of estimating and direct costing to user briefs, technical requirements and safety
Why work for Metro?
• Career Development Opportunities
• Great Team Culture
• Employee Benefits including Free Public Transport
• Competitive Salary and Incentives
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you!
Please submit your application by COB Tuesday 7th July 2020.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at anytime