With approximately 6,100 employees across more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower.
We have recently joined forces with Golder, making WSP the largest environmental consulting firm globally, with over 14,000 environment professionals. Together, we can accelerate our global Environmental, Social & Governance vision, and make an impact on our built and natural environment.The Opportunity
WSP and Golder coming together has strengthened our capability and is enabling like-minded professionals to collaborate more easily; better leveraging technology and accessing a broader client base.
As a result of this growth, we have opportunities for Civil Project Engineers to work on a major project we are currently delivering in the Pilbara region. You will be initially employed on a max-term, full-time contract
for 12 months
and be flexible for working in a FIFO arrangement.What you will do
What we will love about you
- Operation and basic maintenance of grout plant.
- Quality management and adjustment of grout and backfill mixes to meet design specification.
- Real-time monitoring and control of water pressure testing and grouting operations including mix selection, flow rates, pressures, and volumes.
- Packer deployment (placement and setting pressures).
- Supervise cut-off backfill works including backfill mixing, bentonite slurry QA, backfill placement, and trench survey.
- Supervision of drilling contractors and borehole installations.
- Ensuring compliance with, or making amendments to, hole design and casing installation design.
- Collecting field data.
- Borehole inspections.
- Sampling for lab testing.
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
- A relevant Bachelor degree or higher in Civil Engineering or related discipline along with a minimum of 2-3 years industry experience
- Current Australian drivers licence
- Site-based (Mining/Construction) experience, including FIFO or remote location work highly regarded
- Display a safety-first attitude and always be conscious of health and safety
- Flexible, communicative, adaptable
- Solid fieldwork experience in construction management or a site-based engineering role
- Proven ability to work effectively in isolation and within a team environment
- Effective interpersonal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to occupational health & safety
- Excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of MS office suite
Inspired by Diversity, Driven by Inclusion...
- Global mobility
- Parental leave & purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Salary continuance insurance
- Wellness at work & social club
- Workplace giving /volunteering
- Employee reward & recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
Discover a forward-thinking culture that incorporates some conventional yet non-negotiable qualities-like respect, integrity and trust. We welcome to the table all perspectives, strengths, skills, creeds and genders because we know that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results.
We support a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.