About the business
Pit N Portal is a part of the Emeco Group who was founded in 1977 and is listed on the ASX:EHL. Pit N Portal is an Australian mining services company based in Western Australia. Pit N Portal supplies total, whole-of-mine solutions across the country. With branch locations in Perth and Kalgoorlie, Pit N Portal is fast-growing and provides comprehensive mining and equipment services to our valued clients.
Pit N Portal provides its clients with operational expertise, equipment and a skilled underground mining team. From short term dry hire, through to full-service contract mining, PNP is flexible, which is a strong distinguishing feature of its service provision. Such versatility allows clients the option to 'pick and choose' relevant services while maintaining project control. About the role
Due to expansion we are seeking an appropriately qualified Project Engineer possessing extensive open cut project experience to join our team at Marvel Loch. This position is offered as BIBO (Bus in Bus Out) and you will be working on a 8:6 roster (ex Perth).
The successful applicant will report to and work closely with the Project Managers to provide technical mining support, interpret and analyse mining physicals and site costs, and to integrate with the client technical services department. Key Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Develop and maintain plans and schedules for open pit operations.
- Develop systems to help manage and monitor the open pit operation.
- Determine optimum mining parameters and ore extraction taking account of such factors as orebody shape, depth, grade and geotechnical characteristics or the ore and host rock to allow safe and efficient extraction of ore.
- Prepare medium and short term open pit mining schedules.
- Ensure all new designs, updates and changes to design are well communicated with all relevant stakeholders, both internal and external as appropriate.
- Commit to maintaining health, safety and security standards and principles, both within own workplace and through the identification of potential risks throughout the company.
- Demonstrate behaviours aligned with the Pit N Portal values.
- Ensure professional conduct through personal presentation and verbal and written communication is illustrated at all times; and
- Other tasks as required.
The successful applicant will need to display the following experience:
Location: Marvel Loch, Western Australia How to Apply
- Bachelor of Engineering
- Experience with understanding and responding to technical/mine engineering scopes of work.
- Knowledge and understanding of WA Mines Safety and Inspection Act (1994) and Regulations
- Advance-level of proficiency with the MS Excel and with an Intermediate-level of proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Experience in Pronto, Pronamics and Deswik software is highly regarded.
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills and be an excellent communicator.
Shortlisting will begin immediately, so apply via the link (beside this ad), completing the application form with your resume (including any relevant qualification / certificates / licenses / tickets), demonstrating your experience and its relation to the criteria above. If you have any questions in relation to this role, please contact Ashleigh on 0429 113 069.
Pit N Portal Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.