CYP Design & Construction Joint Venture (CYP D&C) has been contracted to design and build the tunnels and stations for the Metro Tunnel Project.
CYP D&C brings together three of Australia's leading construction partners John Holland, Lendlease, and Bouygues Construction.
The Metro Tunnel Project will untangle the City Loop by taking three of Melbourne's busiest train lines through a new tunnel under the city. It will create a new end-to-end train line from Sunbury to Cranbourne/Pakenham, with twin nine-kilometre tunnels and five new underground stations at Arden (to be renamed North Melbourne), Parkville, Anzac, and two new CBD stations - State Library and Town Hall - which will directly connect to the City Loop.
We are inviting applications from experienced Project Engineers to work in our Structure and Shellworks Team. Major project experience in demolition and slab removal, plus structural steel fabrication and erection package of works, to join our team in the CBD precinct.
This role will be responsible for numerous scopes of work. Must have a strong focus on preparing and maintaining detailed programme of works for the scopes to be delivered. Strong communication and coordination skills with multiple interfaces, to ensure smooth delivery of the works.
Other responsibilities include:
- Tendering and onboarding subcontractors for works
- Delivery of non-standard temporary works elements with heavy compliance requirements
- Maintaining a budget and accurately forecasting the cost of works. Assist with scoping and cost estimating of works, updating the asset management system and compiling of relevant QA & safety documentation including a Master Project Schedule
- Ensure all safety documentation is fit for purpose and in place prior to site works commencing
- Delivery of the plunge column removal demolition scope of works, removal of the temporary slabs within the shaft, structural steel fabrication and erection package of works, comprising of walkways, stairs, lift frames, escalator support frames, plus other miscellaneous pieces
- Delivery of the above ground western structure of the shaft, comprising 3 levels of post tension slab, RC walls and columns, including the dismantling of the existing tower crane.
- Delivery of escalator installation within scope of works.
- Delivery of the landscaping and public realm scope of works around the shaft.
- Demonstrate sound people management skills by managing work and performance of subcontractors to achieve outcomes.
- Utilise effective time management skills including sequencing of work of own and resource time management.
- Provide required reports to the Superintendent to meet monthly reporting timelines. review of project budgets and ongoing expenses to ensure Financial Control remains within the acceptable limits of the budget at all stages of the project.
To be considered for this role, it is essential that you demonstrate the following;
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Science, Building Construction or equivalent
- Minimum 5-10 years' post graduate engineering experience. At least 3+ years site based. Project Engineer and operational experience.
- Preferably major projects experience on > $10 M Projects.
- Knowledge of project management structure, plans, specification, standards and implications for project accountabilities.
- Understanding of the Project Design Management Plan, Quality Management Plan. Safety Management Plan and Environmental Management Plan.
- Pre-contracts knowledge in relation to design, planning and legislative requirements.
- Project wide level of planning, development and review of complex projects.
- Delivery of minor projects to program and budget specifications.
- Effective time management skills including sequencing of work of own and resource management.
- Advanced skills in relevant computer software packages; Microsoft Suite; Primavera 6.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a complex environment.
- Competency in interpreting technical schedules and documentation
CYP D&C companies are diverse, flexible and inclusive as employers of choice. We engage, enable and empower our people. Inclusion sets all of us up for success.
Consideration for these roles will be given to applicants that are able to demonstrate the relevant background and experience outlined.