Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is currently seeking an experienced Project Engineer
to join the Projects team in the Processing Department in Kalgoorlie.
Our mission within the projects department is to add value to KCGM by executing capital projects safely and professionally. With an exciting pipeline of projects being executed, if successful, you will join a high performance team that is committed and passionate.
This role will be responsible for the end to end execution and management of multidisciplinary projects, from initial concept development and feasibility analysis, through to construction, commissioning and final handover. In addition, you will be expected to ensure all design work conforms to relevant statutory standards and specifications through engaging relevant external or internal technical and engineering specialists.
This residential role is a 5 on 2 off / 4 on 3 off fortnightly day roster, working 9.5 hour days.
The fixed term is for 18 month duration.About KCGM - Locally Owned and Operated
Proudly Western Australian owned, KCGM has been successfully operating the iconic Super Pit and Mt Charlotte underground mine for over 30 years. Our enviable success and global profile in the world's richest square mile is surpassed only by our exciting future, with a number of significant growth opportunities in our open pit, underground and processing operations.RequirementsEssential
- Minimum five (5) years experience in a similar role within the resources sector.
- Bachelor of Engineering or formal project management qualification (structural/civil preffered).
- Structural/Civil Engineer and/or relevant experience will be looked at favourably.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills enabling liaison at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to diagnose problems and identify potential solutions by thinking outside of the box delivering alternative outcomes.
- National Police Clearance within twelve (12) months of age.
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian "C" Class Drivers License.
- Must reside locally in the Goldfields region or be willing to relocate.
- Passionate about safety, teamwork, honesty, integrity and results driven.
BenefitsWhy work for us?
- Experience in a mineral processing environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Project Delivery life cycle.
- Experience in working within a capital projects team.
- Familiarity with relevant Australian Standards, Mines Safety and Inspection Regulations (MSIR).
With a strong connection to the Kalgoorlie-Boulder community, KCGM offers you unparalleled opportunities to forge a career in the resource industry whilst enjoying the relative ease of living in a thriving regional city. Your dynamic, actioned-oriented days at KCGM will be immediately replaced by the comforts of home, friends and family just minutes from work, with all the facilities you would expect in larger metropolitan centres.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We offer competitive salary packages and health allowance contributions. Joining the KCGM team also means you are eligible for our industry leading Parental Leave entitlements, and Reward and Recognition programs.