Full Time, Permanent
Nestle Purina has an opportunity for a motivated Project Engineer at the Blayney Petfood Manufacturing Facility. As a member of the Engineering team, you will be responsible for managing effective design, implementation and start-up phases of capital investment projects on the manufacturing site.
A DAY IN THE LIFE...
Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for managing allocated projects as required and ensuring compliance to the technical, business and financial aspects of the engineering area including purchasing and technical stores.
• Be part of the project engineering team to achieve site CAPEX activities in accordance with Nestlé best practice, policies and procedures
• Analysis for projects including building, utilities, services, equipment, and layout; investigate, evaluate and report on alternative methods; develop justifications; manage implementation including ensuring the safety of the plant, products, personnel, and the environment associated with the project; contractor management; supervise installation of equipment; and responsibility for the budget and scope.
• Develop, monitor and update the Capital Expenditure budget and Long Term Plans in line with the needs of the plant.
• Leading support to the Maintenance Team in process improvement.
• Ensure compliance with Nestle and local regulations, including regular internal / external audits & self-assessments on plant, process and equipment.
• Ensure proper management and control of the financial aspects of Engineering including correct purchasing, fixed assets management, capital and maintenance expenditure according to accepted and mandated practices.
• Provide guidance and input to the engineering team in areas pertaining to job responsibility.
• Ensure Asset Management register is updated and disposal of redundant equipment is handled promptly and per Nestlé guidelines.
• Embed the TPM methodology within project process with demonstrated continuous improvement
ARE YOU A FIT?
• You have Tertiary qualifications in Mechanical, Robotic, or Chemical engineering or equivalent.
• A minimum of 4 years' experience in a similar field
• You are effective in a FMCG environment and have the demonstrated capacity to work under pressure and in ambiguity.
• Expertise in TPM, SAP, MS Project/Excel/Word/PowerPoint would be advantageous.
• Proven people management experience.
• You have the ability to work with tight deadlines in a dynamic environment, delivering high quality outputs with strong attention to detail and an ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and have Permanent Residency.
Nestlé enjoys a reputation as one of the world's largest FMCG companies and we are driven by our purpose - enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Our inclusive and high performance culture is a testament to the great training, development, rewards and recognition we extend to every member of our 5,000-strong Oceania workforce. Nestlé Oceania supports a culture of diversity and inclusion in all that we do. Take a look at https://www.nestle. com.au/careers/ to see some of the ways we live and practice this every day in our workplace.
For more information please visit our website @ www.nestle. com.au/careers or Our LinkedIn page http://www.linkedin. com/company/nestle-s-a-
Interested? Apply online today