The Operations team partners closely with ResMed's five business leaders to understand their needs then providing a variety of products and services to help them meet those needs including Customer and Technical Services, Global Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs, Supply Chain, manufacturing, logistics and distribution. Focused on enabling new product introduction and operating excellence, our team strives to improve time to market for new products and services, improve efficiencies in our cross-functional processes, and improve our supply chain through digitization and automation to increase value add to our customers.
- Permanent / Full-time role
- Located in Sydney or Singapore
- Graduates are welcome to apply
We are currently seeking applications for a proactive and driven Project Engineer to join our talented Global Supplier Alliance (GSA) Team in Sydney and/or Singapore.Let's talk about Responsibilities:
The Project Engineer will lead and implement activities to drive value creation whilst maintaining or increasing product quality. This will include understanding impacts across the value chain including patients, dealers and suppliers and negotiating appropriate trade-offs as needed. The responsibilities of this role will include but are not limited to -
Let's talk about you:
- Provide project coordination and technical leadership on projects related to value analysis and value engineering including the coordination of internal resources, contractors, suppliers, and consultants to deliver assigned projects on time and within budget
- Acquire data and interpret through statistical analyses; partner with internal cross-functional teams to review data and provide recommendations on both product and business process improvement opportunities.
- Prepare concepts, engineering designs and timelines for each project
- Maintain accurate and detailed documentation on all assigned projects
- Communicate status of projects to key stakeholders and actively influence others in the pursuit or achievement of objectives
- Strong knowledge of technical elements in order to appropriately identify resources required to facilitate optimal supplier and business/project outcomes
- Provide input and direction for the further development of ResMed's value management procedures
- Utilise the engineering process to inform internal and supplier workshops to identify cost savings opportunities
Key to being successful in this role is detailed and pragmatic approach to planning and communication of projects, collaboration with relevant internal customers, external suppliers and performing technical tasks as required. You will also need to have -
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/science preferable Mechanical or Mechatronics or Electronics or similar, with exposure to project management in a product lifecycle environment
- Extensive product design and development lifecycle knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to acquire data and present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner.
- Market aware, knowledgeable on drivers impacting the overall business and ability to combine this with a commercial acumen
- Ability to engage, negotiate and collaborate with stakeholders across the network of teams in Sydney and Singapore with the ability to challenge process norms proportionate to risk
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in Design Thinking and/or business analytics is an advantage
Joining us is more than saying "yes" to making the world a healthier place. It's discovering a career that's challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!