We're inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.About Your Role
Australian Munitions, Benalla and Mulwala facilities produce a range of innovative products including propellants, high explosives, small arms ammunition, large calibre ammunition, bombs and pyrotechnics, grenades, fuses and detonators for the defence and commercial markets
The Project Engineer is responsible for undertaking management of engineering projects from the initial business case preparation stage through to implementation and commissioning. This position is based on our Benalla site managing infrastructure and manufacturing plant upgrades and supporting the Mulwala capital projects team as required.
How About You?
- Prepare specifications and contracts, assess tenders, and actively participate in the development, implementation and commissioning phases of projects
- Under limited guidance, manage several projects concurrently using project management methodologies and procedures
- Develop engineering solutions to process and plant problems both individually and together with others, with a focus on reliability
- Actively facilitate compliance with HS&E policies and guidelines
- Coordinate contractors, suppliers, and internal resources
Good to Know
- Tertiary qualified professional Engineer Chemical, Mechanical or Process coupled with significant experience in a similar or related role
- Project management capability in delivering projects within a capital works environment
- Past experience in petrochemical, mining or hazardous material projects a distinct advantage
- Experienced in managing head contractors, and sub-contractors to carry out site works
You'll get an email acknowledgement after you've applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit - http://www.defence. gov.au/AGSVA/
Prior to offer you'll complete a pre-employment police and medical check.
For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.