APS Level 6
$80,669 - $92,150 (plus super)
Edinburgh - SA
This is a unique opportunity to apply your engineering experience to an exciting array of aircraft and equipment. It is also an excellent opportunity for an experienced engineer or a highly motivated junior engineer with solid foundational engineering experience seeking to advance their career. As a Project Engineer you will be responsible for supporting the acquisition and upgrade of aircraft and related systems and Aeronautical Life Support Equipment. Key responsibilities include:
1. Developing Functional and Performance Specifications (FPS) and Statements of Work (SOW) for aircraft systems or equipment to satisfy end user Statements of Need.
2. Working with key stakeholders to develop a Verification and Validation program incorporating a Configuration, Role and Environment Assessment (CRE-A) that provides evidence addressing FPS compliance including regulatory, safety and aircraft integration requirements.
3. Working with senior engineering and other project staff to plan systems engineering and acceptance activities, including resource, contracting and regulatory compliance requirements for each acquisition project.
4. Reviewing and approving technical documentation on allocated projects.
5. Coordinating and leading stakeholder engagement to ensure achievement of project milestones through all project stages including transition to sustainment.
6. Providing advice to SRSPO sustainment, engineering and project staff on all technical aspects of the project.In addition to the stated qualification requirements, applicants must demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning and professional development. Applicants must also demonstrate strong communications skills with the ability to engage with a range of stakeholders involved in the acquisition, sustainment and operation of various aircraft systems or equipment.
About our Team
The Surveillance and Response Systems Program Office (SRSPO) ensures the availability and performance of highly complex surveillance and response aircraft and related systems for the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF). This includes the new P-8A Poseidon aircraft fleet. We are also the sustainment managers for the P-3 (EW) aircraft fleet and the Aeronautical Life Support Equipment (ALSE) that is used on all air vehicles operated by the RAAF, Navy and Army. In the near future we will support a new unmanned high altitude long endurance aircraft. At SRSPO we are passionate about working with our stakeholders and industry partners to ensure that necessary acquisition, sustainment and regulatory requirements are fulfilled so that these critical aviation capabilities can achieve the Department Defence’s strategic and operational objectives.
SRSPO offers an interesting and supportive work environment, a range of wellbeing activities and flexible work arrangements.
These positions (two) are in SRSPO’s Project Management Unit (PMU). The PMU is responsible for the provision of specialist project management, project controls, project engineering management and integrated logistics support management for all SRSPO acquisition activities.
Our Ideal Candidate
In addition to the stated qualification and experience requirements, applicants must demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning and professional development. Applicants must also demonstrate strong communications skills with the ability to engage with a range of stakeholders involved in the acquisition, sustainment and operation of various aircraft systems or equipment.
Application Closing date: Thursday 16th of July 2020
For further information please review the job information pack, Reference CASG/03012/20 on www.defence.gov.au/apscareers
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at anytime