An opportunity to join Ventia's Road Transport Division becomes available for a Project Civil Engineer in Woolloomooloo.
Bring your expertise and leadership experience to our team and be rewarded with an exposure to a national company and a safe working environment. About the role
The Project Engineer is responsible for delivering projects on behalf of our client as part of the agreed additional services program.
This role ensures that projects, as agreed with the client are delivered on time and in budget, driving excellent Risk and Quality and Health, Safety and Environment performance within the Project or Business Unit.What you'll be doing
What's on offer
- Schedule project activities to suit client's timeline
- Liaise with vendors and participate in planning activities to facilitate effective delivery
- Ensure activities are carried out within budget requirements
- Contribute to regular and reliable forecasting of project costs
- Contribute to the provision of regular operational updates
- Support assurance (risk, quality, compliance, safety, value for money) collaboratively with our assurance team
- Comply with our Risk Management, Quality and Health, Safety and Environment management systems
- Supervise sub-contractors on-site from time to time, some night work will be required
- Ventia offers you a flexible, supportive and inclusive work environment where you matter
- We take our people's careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow
- There's nothing more important to us than keeping our people and the public safe
- We look after each other and foster our people's wellbeing.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or other relevant qualifications
- Previous exposure to road maintenance activities an essential
- Proven stakeholder and vendor management experience
- Has customer-centric mindset
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated experience of reporting to internal management and client using agreed formats and templates
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.Diversity
We acknowledge the importance of our people's diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.How to apply
If you are looking to expand your career with a business that rewards and values its employees, please apply below by clicking on the apply now button.