About the College
- Play a pivotal role and foster culture of excellence within the Discipline leadership team
- Report directly to the Associate Dean - Aerospace Engineering and Aviation Discipline
- Full time, ongoing position available and based at Bundoora East campus but may be required to work and/or be based at another campus of the University
- Remuneration for Academic Level E ($190,891) + 17% Superannuation
The STEM College holds a leading position and expertise in the science, technology, engineering, mathematics and health (STEM) fields. We are uniquely positioned to influence and partner with industry, as never before.
STEM College is a community of exceptional STEM researchers, teachers, inventors, designers and game-changers, supported by talented professional staff. We offer higher education programs across all STEM disciplines at the Bachelor, Master and PhD levels, and ensure our students experience an education that is work-aligned and life-changing.
Further information on STEM College in this link.About the Role
As the Professor, you will have strong academic and researcher background in space engineering, space systems and technologies, including spacecraft/satellites systems and payload design and integration and their guidance, navigation, and control. Your role will involve:
You will have:
- Significant contribution to teaching and research outputs, building capability of staff and promoting strong academic performance
- Providing high level research leadership by developing and leading research project teams and programs and fostering a vibrant research culture
- Developing a high-quality and productivity-driven research network across RMIT and with external national and global partners
- Teaching ach and make a significant contribution to teaching and learning in the discipline with the aim of improving learning outcomes for students within both online and blended delivery
- Contributing significantly to the planning and strategic direction of the School, taking on major academic leadership roles involving participation in various committees within the School, College and University and external to the University, as appropriate.
- Ability to manage award program/s and lead program reviews
- Demonstrate distinction at the national level and an internationally recognised research track record in Space Engineering
- Ability to sustain and grow Research Groups and Centres through the attraction of external funding
- Extensive experience in attracting and supervising higher degree by research candidates to maximise research performance
- Demonstrated ability to lead improvement of academic standards, including implementing best practice teaching strategies and dissemination of innovative practices
- Evidence of demonstrated strategic leadership in a large organisational unit or University-wide initiative and ability to foster culture of excellence
- Demonstrated experience in financial, governance and quality management systems within a University
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills, including the ability to consult with senior executives, external bodies, produce executive reports, negotiate agreed directions, outcomes and targets within a collaborative environment
- PhD in Aerospace/Space Engineering or related fields
- Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children check
Please submit your resume, cover letter outlining your interest and suitability for the role andseparate response to Key Selection Criteria as stated on the Position Description is required. Please apply by clicking on the 'Apply now'
For more information, please see the Position Description below or contact hiring manager Professor Pier Marzocca, Associate Dean - School of Engineering at pier. marzocca@rmit. edu.au.
PD - Professor in Aerospace (Space Engineering).pdf
For any enquiries related to the recruitment process, please contact Aleks, Senior Talent Acquisition Advisor at aleksnadra. besia@rmit. edu.au.
Receive opportunities at RMIT directly to your inbox by subscribing here.Mandatory:
A relevant tertiary degree and/or extensive project and administrative expertise in a complex tertiary education or similar service environment. Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children check. Bring your whole self to work
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different to us, or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more. We respect each other, embrace our differences and build a sense of belonging in our team and beyond.
We are proud that our dedication to diversity has been recognized by a broad spectrum of external organizations. Visit our Linkedin Life pages to learn more and see some of our most recent wins. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter outlining your interest for this role. We are also happy to make adjustments to the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. Please contact us via your preferred type of communication: email
TalentSupport@rmit. edu.au with your request(s). Applications Close:
31 Oct 2021 11.59 pm
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Please note that whilst we still accept applications from any persons interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications from those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia's immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak here.