Iluka Resources is an international mineral sands company with expertise in exploration, development, mining, processing, marketing and rehabilitation. Iluka is the largest producer of zircon globally and a major producer of high-grade titanium dioxide feedstocks (rutile and synthetic rutile). Additionally, Iluka has an emerging portfolio in rare earth elements (rare earths). Our purpose is to deliver sustainable value for our employees and all stakeholders. With over 3000 direct employees, our people are the foundation of our business and are vital to our success now and into the future. Iluka offers a safe, empowering and inclusive work environment that is as diverse as the communities in which we operate.About The Role:
We are currently seeking a motivated and passionate Process Engineer to join the team at our new rare earth plant at our Eneabba site. We are seeking someone with excellent communication skills and a demonstrated initiative to achieve site wide operational excellence with a strong focus on safety and productivity.
Reporting directly to the Eneabba Processing Manager the main responsibilities of this role include:
- Monitoring and optimising plant performance, including throughputs, grades, recoveries
- Supporting operations personnel to resolve processing issues as they arise
- Identifying process improvements and implementing solutions
- Plant sampling, analysis and interpretation of results
- Small-scale process improvement project work including design, justification and implementation
To be successful in this role you will have:
What We Offer:
- High standards of behaviour that align with Iluka's values
- Bachelor's Degree in Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering or a related discipline
- Technical competency in mineral sands processing operations, including gravity separation and flotation, is desired
- High attention to detail with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated pro-active approach to safety and innovation
- Involvement in commissioning of projects will be highly regarded
Iluka values its employees and understands the importance of a strong benefits package. Your contributions will be rewarded with a supportive work environment as well as being part of a values-driven company committed to your professional development.
The position is based in Eneabba and offered on a roster of 5 days on, 2 days off, 4 days on, 3 days off rotation. You may choose to drive in, drive out and reside at our residential village accommodation or live in close proximity to site in one of the nearby coastal locations. Relocation assistance is available.
If you share our values of Integrity, Respect, Courage, Accountability and Collaboration and you have the skills and experience to help us to succeed and deliver sustainable value, apply now.
All queries and applications will be handled in strict confidence.
We reserve the right to remove or modify any listing without notice.Applications close: 20 September 2021
"We respect and encourage diversity in a workforce that reflects our communities."
If you would like further information regarding this position or are having issues applying for the role, please email peopleservices@iluka. com stating the position title in the subject line.