• Hold a Bachelor's degree in Civil / Structural Engineering;
• Recent and demonstratable experience in design and analysis of warehouse / industrial buildings and facilities;
• Between 10 to 20 years' post-graduate experience working in commercial engineering consultancies;
• Chartership / NPER Status preferable;
• Detailed knowledge of Australian engineering design codes and practices;
• Be enthusiastic and ambitious, with a willingness to learn and develop and develop others around you;
• Be self-motivated with good organisational capability;
• Be team focused and able to collaborate in a multi-discipline environment;
• Have excellent written and oral communication skills
• Be well versed in local industry standard structural design software such as Robot, Microstran, ETABS, RAPTJob Description
Mott MacDonald is a global engineering, management and development consultancy focused on improving society by considering social outcomes in all we do.
We are wholly independent, employee owned company that offers a range of opportunities to work with expert practitioners on expansive and challenging construction projects.
We adopt a pioneering mindset to meet our challenges head on, and embrace our Progress, Respect, Integrity, Drive and Excellence (PRIDE) values in everything we do.
To keep up with significant recent project wins in the industrial structures space, we are seeking a Principal level Structural Engineer to join our Sydney based practice in Kent St. Role Responsibilities:
Some examples of project scope include:
- The successful candidate must have significant expertise in both design and back analysis of industrial and warehouse structures.
- In addition you will be responsible for growing our capability in this space, mentoring graduate engineers, and securing ongoing workload.
- You must be proficient in industry standard analysis packages and have a detailed understanding of large span steel framed structures.
- The role will be client facing, and as such you must possess strong communication skills and be comfortable discussing engineering and commercial matters with our key clients.
- The role will involve industrial sites across greater Sydney and potentially regional areas of NSW.
- Assisting our clients to upgrade their facilities with solar panels - across large property portfolios;
- We are about to commence a nationwide audit and inspection regime for façade performance, across hundreds of buildings.
- Inspection and analysis of existing structures to ensure code compliance and develop maintenance and repair plans where required;
We are committed to bringing diversity of thinking into our team, which means we value alternative paths, understand there will be career gaps and we have a culture in place ready to cultivate your talent. If you don't have all the requirements listed above, but feel you can do this job, then we encourage you to apply.
At Mott MacDonald we are always looking for most committed people to join us.
We offer you all the benefits that come from working in a global consultancy, including a competitive salary, ongoing professional support, career development and a great opportunity to work on key projects.
We are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability.
There's no time like the present to make a change.