Principal Structural EngineerIs the future as exciting to you as it is to us?Ever wondered what's across the tracks?
KBR, as part of the North Western Program Alliance has been awarded a further work packages that will remove railroad level crossings at Bell, Munro and Reynard streets, Coburg and Moreland Road in Brunswick (Bell to Moreland), by raising the rail line over the road.
The NWPA comprises of the Level Crossing Removal Project (LXRP), Metro Trains Melbourne, KBR and John Holland Group.
The Level Crossing Removal Project (LXRP) was established by the Victorian Government to oversee the elimination of 75 level crossings across metropolitan Melbourne by 2025-improving safety, reducing congestion, improving travel time reliability and increasing capacity to run more trains on the network.
The project will deliver a 2km elevated rail viaduct and two new elevated stations at Coburg and Moreland, as well as new community open space, upgrades to the Upfield Bike Path and better public transport connections in the area.
A career at KBR can change the world - and change your life. If you're ready, let's get started.The Opportunity
We are on the search for a Principal Structural Engineer to join our high performing transport team to join the North West Program Alliance. With a proven background in transport structures you are a delivery and team focused individual.Who are you?
If COVID-19 has taught us anything, it's that working together to reach common goals cannot be done without passion and commitment behind them. To be successful in this position we are looking for an individual with:
- Demonstrated comprehensive practical and theoretical knowledge in the discipline of structural engineering
- Competence in undertaking and technically supervising concept and detailed design of a broad range of structural systems
- Ability to technically lead a project structural engineering team to deliver major work packages
- Ability to prepare and verify design calculations (including self-checking) using either manual methods or with the aid of computer applications such as LUSAS, Microstran, or ANSYS
- Ability to guide and advise more junior and mid-career engineers, designers and drafters in the preparation of models, designs, drawings and to undertake review of these drawings
- Competence in preparing and reviewing reports and technical specifications
KBR have been established for over 100 years and we pride ourselves on being an innovative and forward-thinking company with a reputation for delivering on some of the most challenging and complex engineering projects in the world.So how do I apply?
If what you've read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you! Just click apply and upload your resume and cover letter.
KBR values an inclusive and diverse work environment and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Our hiring decisions are based on the key requirements of each role and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and experiences.Scheduled Weekly Hours: