With approximately 47,000 people globally and 5,500 talented people based in more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisers including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. Our purpose is simple, we exist to future proof our cities and our environment.
If you wish know whether you will like working with WSP and align with its Culture and Values, please visit our website www.wsp.com
While we are a large global business, we aren't tied down by bureaucracy. We strive to give our people the freedom and flexibility to make their own decisions, whether this is in their daily work or for progressing their career.The Opportunity
Due to growth, we are looking to hire a Principal Structural Engineer to join our growing Brisbane office.What you'll do:
What we'll love about you:
- Leading a team of Structural Engineers within a multi-disciplined engineering team to deliver a range of mine infrastructure related projects
- Technical leadership of structural engineering design for mining clients
- Leading scope and budget development in response to clients' needs
- Allocate resources and track budgets
- Contribute to broader team effort of business development
- Working with the wider resources team and other teams within the company nationally and internationally to deliver clients' outcomes
What you'll love about us
- A Bachelor's Degree (Engineering) or Equivalent. Chartered status CPENG & RPEQ.
- Typically 15 years' experience in structural design and extensive experience working in consulting environment.
- Strong experience in design of mining and industrial infrastructure, maintenance facilities and materials handling structures.
- Experience in undertaking and leading structural Integrity audits
- Experience in leading teams of structural engineers and coordinating multi-discipline engineering project teams
- Experience in all stages of projects from prefeasibility through to detail design
- Effective leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
At WSP we provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many personal and professional development opportunities that are aimed to help you deliver your best self to the role whilst managing your personal life in balance. We have been recognised for the second consecutive year as a Great Place to Work® with year-on-year increases in employee engagement.
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Global mobility
- Parental leave & purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Salary continuance insurance
- Wellness at work & social club
- Workplace giving /volunteering
- Employee reward & recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.