About John Holland
We're all about transforming lives by finding solutions to complex challenges across a wide range of industries including infrastructure, property, rail, building and water projects in Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia.
From the epic, to the intimate, everything we do improves life for someone, somewhere. It gives our business momentum and means we approach things a little differently.
While our competitors talk about what they do, we focus on why we do it. We transform communities to make them easier to move around, more connected and better to live in.
Are you up for the challenge?About the Role
We are currently looking for an experienced Principle Structural Engineer to join our TEK (Technology, Engineering and Knowledge) division based at one of our offices in either Sydney, Newcastle, Melbourne, or Brisbane. Working within our TEK Technical Design team, you will be taking a lead role in the development of design solutions to facilitate the construction of permanent structures from pre-contracts phase through to completion. Key responsibilities include:
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Provide solutions to complex challenges using software and detailed knowledge of structural design.
- Conduct tender reviews and project reviews to ensure structural designs are efficient, safe and constructable.
- Provide alternative solutions and advice to mitigate risks to construction programme and quantities.
- Awareness and full understanding of national and state safety regulatory frameworks, systems, and key risks.
- Ensure specialist design technical inputs that support the needs of the business, add value and achieve outcomes.
- When necessary, perform site inspections and work with construction teams on the design, installation, construction, and commissioning of structural work.
- Effectively lead and manage teams of engineers.
- Provide technical advice and solutions to group clients and assist in client negotiations.
- Attend to the technical aspects of requests for quotations and technical literature.
- Contribute to winning bid strategies and bid structures, in particular identifying and implementing opportunities to employ high level concept and as required, innovative engineering solutions to optimise bids.
- Contribute to communication and relationships with key stakeholders on the construction and operations components at each phase of project cycle.
As part of the team, you help us deliver on our promise to transform lives.
- A Bachelor degree in civil or Structural Engineering.
- 15+ years of relevant design experience.
- Proficient in structural analytical and design software such as RAPT, Etabs, Space Gass to challenge structural designers.
- Excellent client relationship and stakeholder management.
- Experience in Construct Only, Design & Construct, Managing Contract, Alliance, Joint Ventures, Alliances & PPP Contracts types.
Your success is reflected in ours, so we're committed to being an employer of choice. We pride ourselves on having a diverse and inclusive workplace, as different perspectives and ideas will deliver our long-term success.
We'll do all we can to help you develop your skills, and make a difference, right from the start. We have a flexible workplace and focus on all aspects of your physical and mental health and safety. We want you to be with us for the long-term, so providing you with rich career experiences and ongoing development is our priority.