WSP is a tier one consultant that encourages creative, comprehensive and sustainable engineering solutions for a future where society can thrive. Equipped with an intimate understanding of local intricacies, world-class talent and proactive leadership, we plan, design, manage and engineer long lasting and impactful solutions to uniquely complex problems. With approximately 47,000 talented people globally and 5,400 talented people based in more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
If you are looking for lifestyle, work life balance, flexible working conditions and want to work for one of the biggest and best engineering consultancies in the world, WSP is looking for experienced Principal / Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our Geotech & Tunnels team team in our Newcastle office
. This is a challenging role that will see you deliver innovative and effective technical solutions to both internal and external clients within the resources/mining sector.
Previously named by 'The Lonely Planet Guide' as one of the Top 10 Cities in the world, Newcastle is one of the most exciting and developing cities in the nation. Our office is in the heart of Newcastle, two blocks from the beach - so close in fact that we even have our own surfboard rack. If you're from out of town, consider the affordability advantages that Newcastle offers over our capital cities whilst enjoying everything that the major cities have. Other benefits that this growing city has, such as our beaches, arts and cultural scene, cafés and restaurants, and our proximity to one of the best wine growing regions in the world explains why people who move here never want to leave, and the people that do leave always come back... Your Opportunity:
Working alongside other technical experts on bidding and delivering successful projects. Your role will also be well supported across our business, with skilled resources in other sections.
- Design, undertake and manage geotechnical investigation projects from proposal preparation to fieldwork, analysis and reporting
- Use your interpretation and design skills to contribute to geotechnical projects predominantly in the resources, mining industry and transport industry.
- Work closely with the multidisciplinary team throughout project delivery
- Drive business development through successful delivery of your projects
- Promote a safe working culture by identifying and eliminating safety hazards
WSP encourages and supports ongoing personal and professional development. To be successful in this position it is anticipated that you will possess the following qualifications / requirements:
Working benefits at WSP:
- 7 - 15+ years' experience in geotechnical engineering (local experience preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in design and technical lead on multidisciplinary project
- Track record of promoting innovation in the field of geotechnical engineering to create value for clients/ projects
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation / review of written technical reports and client communications
- Demonstrated experience in geotechnical design including rock/soil/structure interaction
- A successful track record in undertaking and managing field investigations for small to large size geotechnical projects
- A civil engineering or engineering geology degree
- Post graduate qualifications in a geotechnical related field will be considered favourably
- A strong work ethic and ability to work autonomously and in a team environment
- Ability to take responsibility for geotechnical design delivery in multidisciplinary environment
We are proud to be one of the world's leading engineering professional services consultancies; certified as a 'Great Place to Work' and recognised as a 2018-19 WGEA Employer of Choice for Gender Equality. Our comprehensive benefits include:
- A global network to draw upon for resources and support
- The opportunity to work on the nation's most exciting projects
- Personalised career growth and skills development
- A suite of benefits including health and wellness initiatives
- An organisation that truly values and practices flexible working options
- Ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Professional memberships
- Mentoring and career development programs
- Study assistance
We are a collaborative team of experts that thrives on challenge and unconventional thinking. Channelling our curiosity into creating progressive solutions to complex issues is both our mission and our passion.
Join us in doing purposeful, sustainable work that helps shape our communities and the future. Express your interest by clicking on the 'apply now' button. Your application will be treated in strict confidence.
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.