Australia - New South Wales, SydneyJob SummaryThe Role
Due to project wins and a strong backlog of work, our Rail Team in Sydney have multiple opportunities for Principal Civil Engineers to join our high performing team in NSW. We currently have Sydney-based project opportunities to work on some of the largest infrastructure projects in Australia.
The Principal Engineer role provides technical leadership to professional and technical staff on complex, multidisciplinary projects that deliver high standard outcomes for AECOM clients. The role also provides opportunity to be involved in client liaison, business development and winning work. Principal Professionals also provide mentoring and career development for other team members, take lead and collaborate with other parties, to produce project deliverables to agreed deadlines and standards.
There are several career paths you may follow within AECOM and our aim is to place people in roles that will help both the individual and team to succeed. We encourage your professional and personal development and you will be supported in obtaining your CPEng if you are not already accredited, and receive strong mentoring and support in order to progress your career.Minimum RequirementsAbout You
- 12+ years' relevant, professional experience in a railway engineering roles;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Knowledge of railway planning and design;
- Experience and understanding in applying railway technical standards (e.g. QR, ARTC, Aurizon);
- Exposure to large scale multi-discipline transport infrastructure projects having completed civil engineering tasks such as alignment option studies and documenting technical assessments;
- Led civil rail project teams to integrate with rail systems and other rail engineering disciplines;
- Skills to co-ordinate design meetings for the rail team, integrating with other engineering disciplines such as bridges, utilities, drainage, roads, retaining walls and traffic management;
- Experience with managing the planning and programming of rail engineering design activities to ensure the most efficient use of resources;
- Project experience in the various stages from feasibility studies, detailed design delivery, handover to operations and asset maintenance.
- Experience with construction phase services working for an engineering consultancy;
- Communication skills to facilitate/document Safety in Design or Multi-Criteria Analysis workshops
- Experience in mentoring colleagues to ensure development of their capabilities;
- Knowledge and understanding of major project community and stakeholder engagement consultation meetings, to assist and support the client;
- Identify and assist with contract administration and variation claims
- Your engineering and/or design experience would include railway planning, design; operation and maintenance especially track alignment, railway earthworks and inter-relationship of track and civil disciplines with drainage, geotechnical, structures and all other associated disciplines such as signalling, electrification and rail systems.
What We Offer
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Membership of a relevant professional institution including Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) or equivalent overseas professional recognition is preferable
When you join AECOM, you become part of an organisation which is pioneering the future.
Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come.
We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being.
Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighbourhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
This position is open to full-time, part-time and flexible employment, so we welcome you to apply whatever your preferred work situation. We offer a competitive salary and exceptional benefits package for this role.
The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) recognises AECOM as taking a sophisticated, holistic approach to supporting women and men's participation throughout our workplace.Preferred Qualifications
Bachelor's Degree in EngineeringWhat We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - Transportation - RailBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.