Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Principal Process Engineer to join our team in Melbourne on a contract basis. The successful candidate will act as a focal point and shall be responsible for planning, coordinating and directing a major segment or technical aspect of the engineering related activities within a project.
- Monitor and control manhour budgets against the project plan
- Provide detailed engineering input to all design phases, including interpretation and challenge of standards
- Reviews and approves project drawings, standards, procedures and specifications
- Coordination with allied disciplines in preparation and development of deliverables
- Provide practical engineering support to the construction/commissioning phases of projects
- Must be familiar with relevant codes, client Design Specifications and procedures, and have a thorough working knowledge of the latest design and analytical techniques
Skills / Qualifications
- Relevant Degree
- Should have over 12 years of post-graduate experience, with 9 years in the oilfield or petrochemical industry, including 3 years as Senior Engineer
- Experience with HYSYS modeling essential
- Experience with UniSim modeling highly regarded
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Must have experience working with high value engineering centers
- Effective time management skills and ability to prioritise critical path deliverables
- Ability to transfer skills and knowledge to other engineers including remote teams working in different cultures
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you're an experienced Principal Process Engineer, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc. com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.