Job Description The Opportunity
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven Principal Power Systems Engineer to contribute to the success of our growing Energy team in Melbourne. With an increasing and diverse portfolio of work, we need someone who has a proven record in this field, and who has a pro-active and enthusiastic approach with a drive to succeed and help develop the team.
Your key responsibilities will include:
Candidate Specification What you'll bring to the team
- Leading design development and project teams for Power System elements within multi-disciplinary projects
- Accountable for delivering quality outcomes on time and on budget, maintaining team collaboration and developing strong client relationships
- Providing technical leadership and guidance for junior and mid-level engineers
- Develop strong working relationships with Mott MacDonald interstate and overseas teams
- Actively participate in the growth of the Energy Sector with primary focus on traction power, renewables and T&D
- Participate in work winning activities, including developing client relationships and bid preparation
- Develop your own network and client base to provide a workstream for yourself as well as for the team
- A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant professional experience is essential
- Experience in electrified rail projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent business and technical writing
- Experience in Power Systems modelling, including Electrified Rail Modelling
- Experience in Concept and detailed design of Power Systems elements
- Good understanding of Earthing, Bonding, Protection and Coordination systems
- Beneficial to have experience in designing using AutoCAD or MicroStation
This is a great opportunity to join a growing consultancy that is pushing ahead in the local market. If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a fast-growing business with an organisation that is shaping the communities in which we live, then we would encourage you to apply for the above position and join our world class consultancy.
There's no time like the present to make a change. Apply now. Job Profile
Mott MacDonald is a uniquely diverse global management, engineering and development consultancy that offers a diverse range of opportunities for potential employees to work with World Expert Practitioners on small and large scale projects within Australia and New Zealand.
Our unique geographical location means that we are able to tap into expertise and resources from other countries in which we operate and so whether you are from a technical background or have traditionally worked in support services, you will be amazed at the career development opportunities that Mott MacDonald Australia and New Zealand can offer to you.Other InformationEquality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.Agile working
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.More about Mott MacDonald
We're a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person's differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence