Do you see yourself as part of an energetic and successful team within a strong, forward-looking global company? At KBR you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to world-class projects, work with industry leaders, be rewarded for excellence, innovation and teamwork, and further develop your career.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Principal Mechanical Engineer to join our Adelaide team and contribute to major projects in our infrastructure business.
To excel in this role, we are looking for an individual with experience in building services, someone that is confident in their ability to technically deliver on major projects whilst supporting junior engineers.
- Provide leadership and drive a positive, balanced culture as a senior member of the Adelaide team
- Responsible for conceptualisation, coordination and delivery of mechanical engineering and BIM modelling functions, quality of deliverables and team guidance; monitoring the teams’ performance against time and cost objectives
- Provide similar support and / or be part of leading technical teams on site during construction
- Operating as a Technical Lead across a number of projects / packages, be a primary point of interface between other design disciplines and the client as well as track / steer progress of the project team against schedule and budget requirements.
- Collaborate with and provide support to the project and design management team and / or construction management team
- Input into bids as required
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) or equivalent
- Minimum of 20 years related experience, with average experience of 25+ years.
- Knowledge and experience of the project lifecycle
- Knowledge of engineering design processes for infrastructure projects
- Contract management experience
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Buildings / Building Services experience desirable;
- Recognised as an Industry Professional (CPENG or equivalent preferred).
- Ability to build relationships and maintain rapport with clients, colleagues and managers
- Technical expert with design/ project management experience
- A pro-active approach to solving problems and the ability to work autonomously
Benefits of Joining KBR?
As part of the KBR team you will be supported at every stage of your professional development with in-house training, performance rewards and career growth opportunities. We offer a competitive package of lifestyle benefits that include flexible work hours and an optional rostered Friday off each month!
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40