- Opportunity to work with technical experts in geotechnical design and analysis
- Flexible work options
- Permanent role based in Sydney
What are we looking for?
Due to major project wins and growing pipeline of work in our Transportation business, we are looking for an Principal Geotechnical Engineer to be part of our growing geotechnical team in Sydney. Your role will include:
- Delivering geotechnical analysis and designs;
- Working in collaboration with other design teams and disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design;
- Managing the production drawings and reports;
- Managing selected projects or components of projects, taking responsibility for the program, resource allocation, technical risks and delivery;
- Undertaking site investigations and inspections to ensure project compliance;
- Providing the team with technical guidance on geotechnical design and analysis matters as well as conducting technical verifications;
- Working closely with your established network in New South Wales to acquire and develop new business opportunities including public and private clients; and
- Developing team members to their full potential through training, coaching and mentoring.
Who are we looking for?
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant Engineering discipline;
- A minimum of 12 years' of relevant experience in geotechnical industry;
- A minimum of 3 years’ of site investigation experience
- A minimum of 3 years' of relevant experience in a design consultancy environment;
- High-level proficiency in the use of geotechnical analysis and design software is desirable;
- Experience on projects for RMS, TfNSW, Sydney Trains or their interstate equivalents;
- Experience in the design of structural foundations, soft soil stabilization measures, embankments and slope stabilization measures, excavation retention systems and soil structure interaction is preferable;
- Excellent client-focus and ability to delivery to client needs;
- Proven experience in building and maintaining effective relationships, both with clients and team members;
- Demonstrated ability to lead a small team, with good influencing, motivating and delegation skills; and
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
Who are we?
Arcadis is the leading design & consultancy firm for natural and built assets with a passion to improve the quality of life and be recognised as the best. To achieve this, we collaborate with the 27,000 Arcadians in over 350 offices around the globe on world-changing projects.
With skilled and talented people on-board, we provide major companies and governments around the globe with groundbreaking design, consultancy, engineering, business advisory, architecture and project management expertise.
Why work for us?
We are an award-winning company that offers all Arcadians flexible work arrangements, attractive salaries, global growth opportunities and both formal and informal career development training. As an equal opportunity employer, we value and promote diversity at Arcadis and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- 2020 WGEA Equal Opportunity Employer of Choice for Gender Equality
- 2019 Flex Able certified employer
- 2018 Great Place to Work certified employer
Visit our careers page for more information or to apply:www.arcadis.com/applynow.
Kindly note, we will not accept applications from recruitment agencies for this role. At Arcadis we choose to deal with you directly so if you’re interested, please apply!